How to Set Rates for Move Out Apartment Cleaning Services

Category Business
Setting the proper rate for you cleaning service business is an important first step. Here are some ideas about how to set rates for move out apartment cleaning services.

I clean these apartments when people move out. They are 1 and 2 bedroom units. The condition they are left in is horrible, the stove and refrigerator alone takes hours to clean. The ceiling fans are so greasy that you have to scrub them with degreaser. I was charging $100.00 for the 2 and $90.00 for the 1. Also if additional time was spent on stove or frige I would charge $20.00 extra. Well they thought it was too much. Could you tell me what is a reasonable price? It would take two people around 4 hours to clean.

By Ronda E

Answers

Best Answer

I think your rates are very reasonable. I assume that people who live with this sort of grubbiness have no idea how to look after an apartment, and also know nothing of how much time it takes to clean things or how much one should pay an efficient cleaner. If you are working for the landlords, you should consider that he has likely charged at least a month's rent as a damage deposit (some even require two!), and they pay for this extra cleaning out of the damage deposit.

I'm not sure if that is strictly legal, but I know it is done, and the dirt you describe is certainly "damage".

Here in this area, I have a friend who does cleaning and charges $20 an hour. I personally feel this is a little steep, but that is what people are paying here. Our minimum wage here is about 10.50 an hour. I would pay about $15 an hour for an adult, efficient cleaner, when I provided the equipment and cleaning supplies, and no heavy lifting or extraordinary filth were involved.

Best Answer

Home cleaning is something many people try to do. So there is almost always someone who will do it cheaper. I did it for many years, and learned a lot. Your prices are reasonable. I live in a high cost of living area and I charged $30 an hour. I got very picky about who I worked for. It took awhile to get to that point and there was a time when I took whatever I could get.

Build your reputation and you will always have customers you can feel good about. You need to lose these characters. I suspect they are not inclined to work for $10 an hour, but happy to ask you to. Remind people that cleaning is hard physical labor. It is hard to work more than 5 hours a day. That was my limit. Good luck to you.

I live in Everett, Washington and wanted to start my own cleaning business for a property management company. What are the prices for the state of Washington, to clean move outs for a one bedroom apartment and a two bedroom apartment.

Answers

Best Answer

This depends on the apartment complex. Normally a good set rate is usually between $75 - $95 (estimated at 3.5-4.5 hours) and then add a portion of the contract when extra services are needed to do deep cleaning and have a base amount per hour that you would add to that standard cost.

I'd like to know if anyone knows the rate for move out cleaning for 1 to 3 bedroom apartments in the Columbus Georgia and Phenix City Alabama area? I have been working for someone for a couple years and I know I'm getting ripped off. I could get jobs on my own, but I don't know what to charge and obviously she doesn't want to help me.

Answers

Best Answer

You can of course research comparable rates on craigslist.org and other sites, but a rule of thumb for cleaning services is between $25 and $35 per hour, and square footage charges depend on the size of your house, such as, an area less than 1,000 square feet averages $120 while 3,000 square feet or more could cost $140.

I am looking for price estimation on 1&2 bedroom and 1 bath move out/move ins for an apartment complex. I clean from ceiling to floor. I take down light fixtures and clean and windows inside and out. I clean base boards and sweep edging and vacuum all the carpet. I bleach and de-mildew the bathrooms. I clean floors and if there are paint spills I scrape up and remop. I clean the refrigerator s inside and out, ovens inside and out, and dishwashers. I also sweep the front entry as well as balcony/patio.

By Sally Z. from Fort Worth, TX