Rates for Cleaning New Construction Homes

Category Business
Cleaning businesses often focus on specific types of cleaning jobs, such as private homes, businesses, or new construction. This is a guide about rates for cleaning new construction homes.

I just get my business license for cleaning houses, but I don't know how much to charge for those brand new houses the builder needs cleaned before the homeowner moves in. Can you tell me how much the rate for this job is?

Answers

Best Answer

You will need to ask around to find the going rate in your area. It ranges from $35 an hour (Seattle) to $10 an hour (Tacoma). These two towns are only 20 miles apart, so it can really vary. Search this site, there are some very good posts on charging for house cleaning.

I have a 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath, 3 story townhouse in Denver, Colorado. How do I estimate the cost and what do I charge?

Answers

There is a lot of extra work in this job, with the dust and dirt. In my area people charge by the job, not by the hour.

Calculate how many hours it will take you, and multiply that by the rate. It wouldnt hurt to investigate and see what your competition is charging for a similar job.

the best way to estimate cost is to consult with contractors in your area or contact Home Depot. Also to take into account are the age and materials of the house, and whether you can easily acquire needed permits

Some places like this one post their rates online:

www.denverscleaningservice.com/.../

You can use this as a guide.

What is the cost per square foot for post construction cleaning in Wilmington NC?

Answers

I dont know what the rate is in that area, but it is at least 30% more than a regular cleaning.

I live in Myrtle Beach, moved from Wilmington. I have charged .18 sq foot

I am cleaning new construction and move outs in Chattanooga Tennessee. How much should I be getting paid? They are all 2 or more bedrooms and 1 to 2 baths?

Answers

"Research shows that the average hourly cleaning rate for U.S. maid services is between $25 and $45 per hour, so keep that in mind when getting quotes." http://www.home  eaning-services/

According to the above, and considering the nature of the work, you should try to get the upper end of that.

You can also go to https://chattan  t.org/search/bbb to see what others in your area charge

In my area it would be $90-$110.

I live in Texas. I don't know how much to charge for those brand new houses the builder needs cleaned before the homeowner moves in. Can you tell me how much the rate for this job is? Is there someone who can help me? Please and thank you.

Answers

There are many price factors for "post construction house cleaning". You can try a search yourself or this site to start:

http://www.nati  n.com/id145.html

I'm interested in starting a cleaning service that focuses primarily on new construction homes. I want to charge by the house, but I have no idea on how much to charge. Any ideas? Thanks.

By Linda from Omaha, NE

Answers:

Rates for Cleaning Services

http://www.ehow.com/

Use the search box at top of website. (06/03/2010)

By Marjorie

Rates for Cleaning Services

I used to own a construction company with my ex. The prices about 10 years ago were somewhere around $25/hr. Of course just starting out you would need to find out the shortcuts for cleaning tar and paint, etc. from carpets, vinyl and hardwood safely; also you would need to find out the best and fastest way to clean windows without streaking. You also need to know what each construction company expects. They all want different things. It's hard work, but pays well. Good luck:) (06/04/2010)

By susan