BusinessBusiness and Legal

Rate for Move in Move Out Cleaning Service

Category Business

I'm confused on what to charge the realty company I'm contracting with. This house is 26 miles one way which is a total of 52 miles. The home is a 5 bdrm, 2 baths, and is very very dirty. The home is has all wooden floors and everything is covered in muddy dried dirt, the doors, floors, and even the baseboards are pathetic. There is also a huge computer desk and love seat couch that have to be removed.

Just for the time I'll spend on the floors I'm guessing approximately 8-9 hrs out of the 16 hrs I'm calculating it will take me to complete the job. So actually there would be 2 trips at 52 miles each trip. I supply all cleaning supplies and tools. Please give me an average. I live in Amarillo, Texas and I was bidding along the line of 300.00 due to all the backbreaking work and hours it will take to get that place in a liveable home. Please I need an answer asap! Thank you and this also includes wiping down all baseboards, doors, and wooden floors.

By Sandy from Amarillo, TX

Best Answer

Do not be afraid to charge $25 to $35 an hour on a move in move out hours. Remember that a move in house needs all cabinets and shelves clean, walls washed, every light and fan cleaned, and so on. Everything needs to be move in ready so the new resident doesn't have to do any thing. It is a lot of work, so you deserve to get paid right for it. I would be charging $375 to $425. If there is furniture, it would be more.

Below

I would charge them 450.00 if they got a bigger cleaning company thy would charge more

I would charge that it's hard work and back breaking