Where Can I Cash a Tax Refund Check from H&R Block?

By joe leif 1

Does Walmart check a person's credit report to cash an H&R Block tax refund check?

By Joe from Oakley, CA

Showing: Answers Sort

By Lisa 2 656 Flag

I don't know what personal information Wal-Mart requires for check cashing. But if you call your local store, I bet they can give you all the information you need.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 13 1,479 Flag

They charge a certain percent to cash checks, I don't know if it goes by the type of check or the amount. From what I have heard the rate begins at $3.00. Don't you have a checking or savings account?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Wilma Long 1 50 Flag

I can't imagine why they would check your credit. They would know the check was good. If they doubted it was and wanted to check at all I'd think they would check with H.R. Block instead of you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

I don't know of any business that does a credit check to cash a check of any type. A simple State Photo ID or a passport is all that is required and that's to insure you are indeed the person who the check was written to. It's been against the law to even ask for someones Social Security number as ID for check cashing or to purchase items for at least three decades or more and a Social Security number is the only way anyone could do a credit check. I suggest you get a checking account so you don't have to pay any check cashing fees. There are lots of banks out there that will give you a free checking account if you just look around but you do need a valid Social Security card and Photo ID to open a bank account.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Budget & Finance BankingFebruary 13, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Square Triangle Quilt
Squaring Up a Half Square Triangle Quilt Block
Gifted Money
Paying Taxes on Gifted Money
Woman Buying Car
Car Loan vs. Paying Cash
Paying with Cash instead of a Card
Paying with Cash instead of a Card
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 1:30:50 PM on 10.0.1.189 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings