Making Lounge Wear from Towels

Does anyone know how to make lounge wear from towels?

By Debi from Houston

You may find patterns in books in a fabric store or-l

Easy Instructions Things You'll Need:

Large beach towel

Step 1 My daughter wanted a beach towel cover up. So we bought a large striped beach towel.

I folded the towel in half lengthwise and held it to her shoulders. I cut in the center of the fold for a neck hole and made a small slit so that she could get it over her head. I stitched the sides of the neck to keep it from unraveling.

Step 2 Draping the now folded and stitched towel over her head I then measured where her hands were at her side and marked this. I took it off of her and let her pick out two huge buttons (I have a serious button collection that she chose from). I attached the sides together with the buttons and she had an instant beach cover up that we took on a trip to Disney World. She loved it and looked adorable.

Step 3 You can stitch decorative stitching around the bottom of this if you wish or hem it or leave the selvaged edges from your towel.good luck.

For an adult you will need 3 bath towels for a long robe. Fold one towel in half lengthwise. In the center on the fold cut a slit big enough to fit your head through. This piece is the yoke and sleeves. Take the second towel and sew the short side to the edge of the yoke like the leg on a "T". This is the front. Take the third towel and sew the short side to the yoke on the opposite side. Fold the yoke in half lengthwise again. The garment will now look like a large letter "T". Sew the underarms and side seams. Slip on over your head. If you want a short robe, use half a towel for the bottom front and back.

Here is one made in the 70's

GG Vi

Full length

GG Vi

GG Vi,

Memories! My mother made me one of these for Christmas in the early 70's. It was so comfortable and useful. I wore it after a tubby or on my way to and from the swimming pool.

Stack of Colorful Towels
Craft Uses for Towels
Crafts Clothing How ToJanuary 2, 2010
Bean Bag Chair
Making a Bean Bag Chair
High School Senior's Lounge
Decorating a High School Senior's Lounge
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎉
🎄