Promoting ThriftyFun.com

Do you know any relatively frugal ways that we can promote ThriftyFun.com? Most traditional advertising is out of our price range and not really that effective since we don't really sell anything. So we require a volume of users and visitors to keep this site self-sufficient. If any marketers out there have any ideas they would be willing to share, we sure would appreciate it.

Feel free to post your ideas below.

I've only been visiting the site for a few weeks now and i love to check in regularly for the latest posts. I've been telling some friends at work about it, one in particular since she's a big recycler! I've thought about putting it in our next monthly work newsletter. Another idea for users of the site is to ask their children to advertize it in their school newsletters, I'm sure many parents would appreciate it...possibly even teachers also...as there are some excellent craft ideas posted. I'll be telling all my friends :)

I just had another idea...site-users who frequent charity shops could ask if they would advertize the site with a sign in the window (perhaps)..the site does promote visits to charity stores a lot :)

You might try the freecycle from Yahoo. It goes out to lots of people in their areas. You might get them to link to your site. They're free also,,,might just work out for everyone. I will work on more ideas for you later. Good luck!

How about ThriftyFun creating a "form letter" e-mail that readers could voluntarily click onto to forward to any friends and relatives they think would appreciate knowing about ThriftyFun. It could be set up in a manner similar to how you can send free greeting cards on some of the e-card sites and might mention some of the features,benefits, and info to be found at ThriftyFun. Personally, I LOVE ThriftyFun, and I found this site completely by accident while surfing for some cleaning info. As a fan of ThriftyFun, I would have no problem letting friends and family know about this site, but it would be great if there were an "official" way to do so!

Tori

try going around to different sites and doing a link exchange! Freebies sites would be a good start, as most people on thosesites are looking for bargins and costcutting tips!

I know of a few sites I can post the liknon and I ma offto do that now! Good luck !

I first read about this site in my local newspaper. I've since told many friends about it and they check it too. I like the post that suggested the form letter e-mail idea as I would certainly e-mail it on to my friends PROVIDED you would assure us that their e-mail addresses wouldn't be harvested and sold to others for profit. I really enjoy your site and look forward to visiting it often.

I always share the site URL whenever the opportunity comes up. This is one of the few websites that I frequent (when I can). I've even posted it to my own site (under Helpful Sites)

Maybe if you could provide some type of mini-banner with code that webmasters can cut and paste into their own sites that directs them here? Maybe even set up some type of deal like a 'referral' program, but just for fun of course. Then users have some type of incentive (maybe a ranking system or stars or something) to put the referral code in their email and websites. Just ideas... :)

Just ask users to place a link to the site in their signature at other sites, especially freebie and frugal living sites. I can't even remeber how I found this site now, but it was from a link I saw somewhere. Everyone is trying to find ways to save time and money these days, so if everyone provides a link, it should generate ton's of visitors and new members.

Yahoo users can post the link to Thrifty Fun on their Yahoo profiles.

Thrifty Fun members can also include the link in their email signature.

Word of mouth is the best (and cheapest) form of advertising.

Have you considered approaching Michael's Crafts and other stores we frequent and asking if they would consider putting a link to Thrifty Fun on their website?

Whenever one of my submissions gets posted, I forward the link to friends and family. This guarantees additional visitors. Susan, perhaps you can modify the "Your Submission Has Been Posted" email to include, "please send this link to friends and family -- the more visitors thriftyfun.com gets, the better" or something to this effect.

I suggest to print out fliers, put them on cars in parking lots at malls, where lot of people are & etc, good luck.

ThriftyFun
Using ThriftyFun
tee ball player
Tee Ball Team Parade Float Ideas
Natural Cleaning Products
Thrifty Cleaning Ideas
Garage Sale Sign in Front of House Having a Sale
Promoting Your Garage Sale
🎄