Using ThriftyFun

This is a celebration of ThriftyFun and our ThriftyFun Family. I've been working on it, off and on, for a couple of months and am finally happy enough with it to share. I hope you enjoy!

Ode to ThriftyFun

'T' is for Thrifty which means to be lean
'H' is for Hearts that are pure sweet and clean
'R' is for Receptive, what more could you want
'I' is for Ideal and indeed a very fun jaunt
'T' is for a Trusted place to share and to learn
'Y' is for Yarn, Yard, Yeast, or to Yearn
'F' is for Friendship and Folk who are just
'U' of course stands for every single one of Us

And last but definitely not at all the least

'N' is for Nesting help from West and from East

Deeli 11/7/10

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Editor's Note: D is for Deeli! ThriftyFun wouldn't be the same without you and your wonderful contributions. Thank you for sharing your poem with the rest of us.

16 More Solutions

Here are some shots of the website throughout the years and some history of our transformations over the time we have been online.

I wanted to show my appreciation for this website! Thank you so much for a place to go and find out anything we need to make our life easier! I don't visit many sites, I spend a lot of time here, I know when I get bored I can come here and learn a lot from people all over the world! We all appreciate your hard work to keep this site going. Thanks so much!

Now I find it interesting when someone lists their location along with their name. Especially if theyre in another country. Heck, Im proud, I give my name and location. But heres the thing: So often questions are asked and and someone replies I dont know where you are, but . . . Or I dont know if youre in a large city or small town, but . . . . So many times, answers are predicated on your location. Especially if youre in another country. If youre from Nigeria or Australia, I cant very well tell you to go to your local Walmart, right? How about going in and beefing up your profile a bit - tell us where youre from.

Recently we have been receiving far more submissions than is usual and our editors have had to make some hard choices about which submissions to keep. Because of this, we are announcing some new changes to our photo bonuses and contests. This should allow us to pay for the very best content we receive, while still allowing all our members to have a voice when sharing tips. Here are the changes, effective September 1st.

A woman in glasses looking up at a lightbulb.

We have discovered a major glitch in our newsletter subscription service. This is affecting people who have accidentally unsubscribed from our newsletters as well as people who have tried to change their email address for newsletter delivery.

Get ready to share your creativity this holiday season. We are excited to announce our holiday bonus program for Christmas or holiday craft submissions. We are looking for instructions for making wreaths, ornaments, centerpieces, stockings, and decorations of all types.

Felt Christmas tree ornaments that have been hand crafted.

We are happy to announce a new feature on ThriftyFun for people that track our site using an RSS reader. We now have RSS feeds for every topic. This means you can target which information you would like to read in your RSS reader. For example, if you just want to be informed when new articles are post in Gardening section you can subscribe to the Gardening RSS feed. For a list of available RSS feeds visit: http://www.thriftyfun.com/rss.html

Debra Frick

We all love ThriftyFun, right? Lots of times I have thought, "WOW, I would never have thought about that", "What a cute idea" or "What a great tip". I vow that this is something I am not going to forget.

How To Use ThriftyFun Effectively

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

ThriftyFun

This page will feature a list of updates, changes and fixes to the ThriftyFun websites.

Welcome to our new site! We have worked hard to test the site and make sure that everything is operation. If you encounter any problems, please let us know. You can post them below in the feedback forum or email them to us by using our contact form.

Susan - Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

We've been running ThriftyFun and it's origins for nearly 5 years now and are looking for ideas to make ThriftyFun and our newsletters better. What parts (newsletters, website sections) do you like and/or not like?

Because there are more and more sites of this type online, are there any ways in which you find it's existence still important. Please be honest. Because ThriftyFun has been based on reader participation, all of your comments positive or negative are very important to us. Please include how long you have been receiving our newsletters.

Answers

I have been getting ThriftyFun for almost a year now & like it so much that I have it saved in my Favorites. What I would like to see though is at the bottom of the page instead of 900 pages is some way to go to a page without having to use next all the time. I would like to see all the tips from #1 on but don't want to flip through all 900 pages..

Anonymous

I like the newsletter because it is small and it comes daily. There are
many sites which carry the same type of information. Most are bigger
and have more to offer - but I rarely find time to read them. When
Thrifty Fun comes I know it will only take a minute to read through it.

I also like the way you can get more immediate responses. On a website if someone asks a question it may sit there for months before a response is forthcoming. Here a Brainstorm is proposed and put out there.

Anyone who has something to offer does, it there are few responses you drop it and go on to something else. It stays fresh.
--
Peggy Hoehne, Contributing Editor

Anonymous

I really have to agree with Joan. There are times when I go to look-up and older tip that I know is around a certain post number and have to sit for some time just clicking next page after next page. Listing a page number/link at the bottom of the pages would be a great idea. Even if you only did one main page that had a link to each page of tips by number, that would be a little less work for you.
- Kathy

Anonymous

I also really enjoy the daily newsletter. It is also nice to know that you can go to the Website to look at past tips.

Maybe the website needs some kind of extensive index.

- Heather - Long Beach, CA

I love the Big Index and the Search Page. This will make it so much easier to look things up on the site. Thanks so much!!!

Anonymous

I like your little newsletter, and have added my 2 cents worth to the topics several times. But I hardly ever post to your site. I don't care much for the procedure you use. When I want to add something to a post, my desire is to do so when I am visiting the site. I don't like
having to go to my mailbox to find the URL that you send me to be able to post and then go back to the site to post....so most times, I just don't bother to add my post...but just leave the site. There must be a faster and simpler way to do this. I don't have to await an email message for the many other message boards, forums, and such that I post to. Well, that is my 2 cents worth.

- Harlean from Arkansas

I have only been using this site for a short time but I love it!!! The tips are so helpful and I have used many of them to save time and money! Keepup the great work !

How do you get to read the profiles of the people on here? I'm new to this, but I thoroughly enjoy this site and would like to read about the wonderful people that make this so interesting.

Thanks and have a great Monday!

Judith from Montandon, PA

I have a question. When I want to make a comment about something someone has written about, I make sure I am logged in, and still i get the message that I am logged on a guest. What gives?

Linda

I am new to this site and just love it! I enjoy reading the profiles of all the people that have set up an account, I just wish more people would tell a little something about themselves. It is really easy to set up an account for those of you that never have, and to write a little something about yourself just click on "Your Account" and type in something interesting about yourself; do you have children, pets, or hobbies? Share with us!

Persnickety Paula from Christmas, MI

Editor's Note: Thanks for mentioning it Paula, I think that's a great idea. You can have a subscription without having an account. To register click on the button on the top of the site. It's easy and spam free.

I was wondering how long it takes before a question is posted? I submitted a question and it hasn't been posted yet.

Thanks

I suggest very strongly that folks who submit tips also submit their names. I feel like I get know the people on this site because they do put their names. I like Robin's recipes. There are several Sandy's and we all use a different moniker.

By sandy

Editor's Note: We always encourage personalizing your posts. Many people have the same first name (like me, Susan) so it's good to think of something that helps identify you like "Susan from Washington State" or "Susan-WA." It's nice to know what state or country you are writing from.

Computers Internet Tips SearchingApril 24, 2014
🐰
🌻
🐛
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-ThriftyFun.html