Craft: Ribbon Flowers
Here are some ribbon flowers I made. These are made into brooches. They could also be hot-glued onto a hardshell Alice hair band. Pin brooches onto your clothes to brighten an outfit or pin onto shopping bags or hats, glue or sew onto hair slides, too. Even I, who cannot sew for toffee, could make them. Here's how to make one.
- Cut a length of ribbon. Since making these in the pictures I have found that singeing the ends of the ribbon with a flame from a match 'seals' the sides from fraying.
- With a matching colour thread sew a running stitch along the bottom length of the ribbon. Make sure the length of your thread is twice the size of your ribbon. Knot the end.
- Now pull the ribbon so it forms a flower shape. Now sew together the circle of ribbon. It doesn't need to be neat as no one can see.
- Make another in a contrasting colour. I made my second one in some black lace.
- Now sew them together by a few good stitches into the middle.
- Now you can sew anything into the middle to add interest. Use a pretty button, beads, anything decorative. I thought to use some little faux flowers, like little rosebuds, or cake decorations. The possibilities are endless.
- On the smaller yellow and black ribbon I sewed a small safety pin onto the back. The larger green and yellow ribbon I used a brooch pin back. (Purchased on eBay)
Perhaps you could make some too. Perhaps it would be a nice project to make these very simple ribbons with daughters or granddaughters. These are sew fun to make.
By monique63 from Somerset, U.K.
May 2, 20100 found this helpful
Great idea! Have you tried Clover's yoyo's. You could make flowers as well as butterflies I use soft scraps of fabric
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 26, 2016 at 4:24:18 PM on 10.0.2.42 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us