No Cost Quality of Life Improvements

There isn't a person among us who doesn't have days of feeling "down" on life - especially if you pay too much attention to news on the economy lately. I have found a surefire way to cure those blues. Whenever I'm having "one of those days", I simply say to myself - What can I do today to improve the quality of my life?

It doesn't take long for me to come up with and idea to act upon. I may choose to make a small household repair, craft a gift for an upcoming birthday, clean out my book collection and list the toss-outs on half.com or amazon for free, organize a closet or drawer, clean one thing I've been putting off for some time. Whatever it is that I decide to do definitely adds to the quality of my life and that of my family.

So, whenever you find yourself not feeling so great about your life, try to think of something positive - no matter how small - that you can do today that will change your life for the better. It doesn't have to cost you a dime.

By Thriftsavvy from West Dundee, IL

That is great advice, and it works too.

Basically all we want in life is to feel useful, needed, entertained, loved.

I read once of someone who said just do what is before you. In the average home, house, apartment, job, there is always something before you. I tried it, found it true, and it has helped through many a hard time.

Thriftysavvy, your post was so good I'm actually going to frame it! I have those days sometimes too and reading that would give me the boost I need to do just as you said!

Thank you so much!

This post was a great way to start my day. I always have a list of things waiting to be done and it is so good to get something accomplished on those days when life is not very pretty. Nike coined the phrase "Just do it," but for me, "Just do the next thing" is what can get me going and going and going. Have a great day!

Love your attitude!

Better Living Self ImprovementMay 4, 2009
A dog being check out by a veterinarian.
Finding a Low Cost Vet Clinic
Curlers in brunette hair for a perm.
How To Do A Perm At Home
Large patch of pansies.
Troubleshooting Annuals
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
🎄
🍂