Restoring Old Books

Does anyone know of a reputable book restorer or binder in either one of the Carolinas or Virginia? I have some antique books that were left to me and would like to find out whether it would worth having them restored or to sell them to a collector as is. These books date back to the early 1800's and one even to the late 1700's. I'm also looking for a book collector who may be interested in buying them.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Mike Jacobs. Book restorer, disabled vet.

Look for an appraiser before you look for a restorer. If you recover the books or do anything to books that old you may drastically reduce their value and their interest to collectors. Go to a library and ask the reference librarian to help you find addresses (and ratings if possible) of rare book stores and appraisers in your area. These may or may not be worth more than you think, but you may have to pay some money to find out.

I wonder if your public library could answer this question for you. Just a thought. I don't live in your area.

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksMay 8, 2009
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Stack of Old Phone Books
Uses for Old Phone Books