Sweet Sixteen Gift Ideas

My daughter turns Sweet Sixteen soon. Any ideas for a unique birthday gift that is not too costly?

By Anniecam from Waldron, IN

I suggest to give her a birth stone ring. I got one for my sixteenth & I really loved it, good luck.

If she likes charm bracelets that would be a nice thing to give her with her first charm being something that she will remember from you or maybe of something that's her favorite now in her life. There are so many charms she can add too it in her life as events or memories come along and its something years from now she can pass along to her children too in years to come.

A birthstone pendant would be something she'd wear all her life. Necklaces don't get in your way while you're working like bracelets & rings can. Keep it simple. Maybe a heart shaped locket or some other meaningful symbol. You could even have the back engraved with the words "love" or "love, mom". I'm not a big jewelry fan like most women are, but I believe that jewelry would be the perfect sweet 16 gift. If you have the money, you can buy 14k or better Gold, if not Sterling would be just as nice & cost less. Me? I'd rather have silver over gold any time & lots of women feel this way.

* If you decide to buy jewelry, you can buy a lab-grown birthstone set in sterling silver for much, much less than a natural stone set in gold.

This is something I did for four of my five kids when they turned 21. Since she is going to be 16, we will use that number. Gather together 16 pennies, 16 nickels, 16 dimes, 16 quarters, 16 half dollars. You can 'wrap' two ways. One, tape each coin indivdually into the insides of a box. She would have to remove them one by one, or two, wrap each coin individually with a piece of paper and tape, or wrap individually with an appropriate size piece of foil. She would have to unwrap each piece to use the money. Can put all wrapped coins in a box and wrap, or make up a basket using 'Easter' grass (comes in various colors) and mix the coins in the grass. She would have to find them first, then unwrap them. Teens need money for make-up, CD's, DVD's, etc. Those coins add up to $14.56 if my math is right, plus the cost of wrapping. Not too expensive, and lots of fun.

A gift that I have found for teen girls is to put together a spa basket for her. Your local dollar store will carry nearly anything you want to put in. This gives you a broad range of things you can include in the basket. Anything from lotions, hair care products, pedicure and manicure kits, etc etc. You can tailor the basket to your teens taste and keep the price in your budget.

Dont do the coin one! I'm almost 17 and if I had been given coins individually wrapped I would have gone insane. The best bet is the birth stone ring or neckless.

I know its a really late post but Im going to a sweet 16 today and i dont want to get the girl 40 bucks in a card. And also for my sweet 16 in a couple of month if my mom gave me individually wrapped coins i'd never open it once i realized they were just coins. The charm bracelet and the birthstone ring sound cool. I know Im getting a pandora bracelet with all my favorite things on it like soccer cheerleading frogs zodiac signs my birthstone and a 16. My parents are buying the bracelet and most of the charms and my sisters are getting me the restof the charms I want. But really your comments gave me ideas.

Teenager Holding Gift
Gift Ideas for Teenagers
Holidays and Parties Gifts TeenagersApril 25, 2009
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
A teen girl holding a gift.
Christmas Gift Ideas for Teens