Gift Ideas for Teenagers

Category Teenagers
Teenager Holding Gift
Finding the perfect gift for young people in your life can be a challenge. This is a guide about gift ideas for teenagers.

My 3 grandchildren are all teenagers now and it is very difficult to know what to buy them for Christmas. Money is always welcome but I didn't want to just give them an envelope with cash. What I did this year was buy them each a pair of nice gloves; that's the practical side of me coming through.

Inside each finger and thumb, I inserted a rolled up bill and stuffed the rest of the finger with hard wrapped candies. You can use whatever denomination of bills that suits your budget.

Probably the kids are going to give me a lame "thanks Grandma" when they see that they only got a pair of gloves and I'm rather hoping that this happens. My plan is to ask them to try their gloves on for size. They'll have to pull out the candies first of course and then comes the surprise when each finger is emptied out.

This was my own idea and I'm as excited as a kid myself as I wait for Christmas Day.

Source: Grandma's imagination on the loose again

This guide contains Christmas gift ideas for teens. Determining an appropriate and useful present for a teenager can be a challenge.

A teen girl holding a gift.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about gift ideas for a 13 year old girl. Deciding on just the right gift for a young girl entering her teens can be difficult.

13 year old gift ideas

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

What is a good gift for a 14 year old?

Breana from NY

I would suggest:

Books (the Twilight series is really popular now)

Bath and body products

makeup or hair accesories or lip gloss set

gift cards to movies

purse

You didn't mention boy or girl?

but ideas above are good

also~

~gift certificates (from local department or music place)

~popcorn packs to go with the movie tickets

~hot chocolate mixes

~also read somewhere to buy some pots (paint them gold)..put gold coins (chocolate filled) + lotto tickets then wrap with cello ...(think this sounds fun gonna do it for my family)

good luck

I hope she is a girl/young lady!

Lip Gloss " many" /makeup, Perfume, great smelling lotions "many"/ great smelling shampoos, cute purses/awesome hats/posters of favorite singer/favorite animals/ journals/phone accessories/ itune gift cards, soft funky looking booties, her favorite candy ( that she never gets) etc

A great small storage trash can in her favorite color filled with all of the goodies you can find is an AWESOME gift. Good Luck

Boys would like video games, CD's if you know their kind of music, DVD's of new movies, ball cap or toque with the logo of their favorite team, --

boys like food gifts -- chocolates, etc.

And money is always good for teenagers -- then they buy what they like.

Under 18 can't play Lotto! Sudoko puzzles, girls can do lip gloss, boys chapstick. CDs, movies, books, gift cards (if a girl, Claire's). T-shirts, (I have a teen, can you tell?) candy, magazine subcriptions, teen girls still like stuffed animals, new earbuds for their music stuff, craft kits, model stuff for boys, etc.

A toolbox with screw drivers, flash light, nails, screws, glue gun, stapler, step ladder, cute fabric, tape measure, sewing machine, sewing kit, crochet hooks, books to redo her room, or clothes steamer.

if its a girl, maybe you should get her something special. Maybe a charm bracelet, it would be perfect, and you could add charms that relate to her life or the times you guys shared together. She would love it. It would be something close to her heart.

I am 40 and getting married for the second time in June. My fiance's son is 17 and will graduate in June. He will be the best man in our wedding. Besides that, I was wondering if there is something else I could do, without stepping on his mom's toes, to let him know he is and always will be part of us. He lives with my fiance full time and I am very excited to be a stepmom, even if he will be 18 years old soon.

I was thinking about maybe getting the three of us matching titanium bands to wear on our right hand that have a cross emblem cut out in it, but don't know if that is too cheesy. My fiance and I got back together in November and I still live in TX and he is in NC. So, I haven't had allot of time with his son. I did go visit for Thanksgiving and Spring Break. I will be moving there June 8th. Any ideas and suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

Amanda from TX

My stepdad and mom gave me a ring when they got married! I really appreciated it. I still wear it sometimes, 15 years later! I think it is a neat way to show you care about him! :)

Maybe some one on one time would be appreciated. If he's a mature young man, I'm sure he'd like to get to know you better. You could take him to the movies and a snack afterwards, just have a casual chat about school, and your own teenage years. It doesn't have to be expensive. Good luck!

That is a really great idea. But I have two brothers, a 16 yr old and a 22 yr old, and they are more into electronics and such. I would say ask your fiance what he is into. If he does wear jewelry of any kind I would say go for it, most guys that I know 16 to 25 like either hemp jewelry (this is just like the rope no drug references) or leather. If not, then try something like a CD player for his car (if he has one) or something like a digital camera (if he doesnt have one). All of these things could be considered a personal gift if you give it with the right kind of verbal sentiment. I wouldn't think that mom would have to big of a problem with any of these things. Good luck!

I would shy away from a ring for a boy almost 18 - unless you know for sure he would like it. At 18 most boys do not want to be attached to any parent by a public token.

A special photo of you and your new hubby and this son along with any children you might have could be taken and displayed prominently in your home - a letter written by you expressing your hope he will always consider your home his and the family he may one day have - any electronic gift would probably be nice, an Ipod, etc. -- be sure to include any close friend he might want to attend the wedding - girl or boy. I have both a step daughter and step son who were 19 and 20 when I married their Dad and I found the less fuss I made over things the better. Be sure to celebrate

holidays and birthdays - and give him space with his Dad for things they do now together, fish, hunt, etc.

Don't change their activities too much!

At his age I think I would stick to anything to do with music. CD or DVD tokens.

Jewellery is an individual thing and the bands do sound a bit cheesy - he doesn't know you well enough yet.

Maybe on the day of your wedding his father could give him a Friendship bracelet from you both as something to remember the special occasion.

( I think if you wanted him to wear matching bands he would feel like he was betraying his Mom.)

Friendship bracelets are cool and the trend for both sexes so that would be a wiser bet.

I would find out which CD's he's after (ask his dad to find out) or safer still would be to give vouchers. They would go down well.

Any extravagant gift given to him would make him embarrassed or feel awkward.

If you gave Music Vouchers he would be thinking how cool you are while he was spending time in the record store buying his music. He would associate you with his favourite kind of music and when he listened to it he would remember you too.

I wish you and your future hubby every happiness and just take it easy with his son - don't rush things and you'll have a great relationship.

Best of luck

Monique x

When we got married 5 1/2 years ago my step-son was 11 but this is what we did to let him know that we are a family without stepping on any toes.

During the ceremony when you light the unity candle you can also light a candle with both of you and your stepson too. We had 2 separate candles made (I found someplace online but don't remember where now I'm sure with a little research for "unity candles" you could find somewhere too). One was a tall pillar with DH and my name and the date on it and the second one was a couple of inches shorter and has all 3 of our names on it.

It was very special and meaningful for all of us and they are still in a curio cabinet in our living room.

Congratulations!

A very classy gift to give ANYONE in my opinion is to go to a site on the internet called OneShare.com You can purchase a single elaborate FRAMED share of many companies from Disney to Harley Davidson! They are classy for sure! Just obtain a share from a co. that he is really into, rather it be a music co, movie co. etc. They produce a wonderful keepsake, conversation piece (for he and his friends) and a unique type of rich home decor piece. Good luck in your new life! Denise

My daughter is a counselor for grades pre-k through 12. Always in the case of step parents, she tells them to let the child come to you. Act loving and open, but let the child advance the relationship or they might feel pressured, resentful and go the other way. Good luck. Kids are great.

My daughter turns Sweet Sixteen soon. Any ideas for a unique birthday gift that is not too costly?

By Anniecam from Waldron, IN

I suggest to give her a birth stone ring. I got one for my sixteenth & I really loved it, good luck.

My son has been invited to a girl's 14h birthday. What to get her for a gift?

By Roxana

Does anyone have some cute gift ideas for my teen friend for easter?

Cocoa Girl

How bout sewing a beanie hat for her/him? You can get free patterns online if you do a search. Or make a scrapbook or book cover. Or a tote bag if you have a sewing machine.

www.craftster.com has TONS of ideas for crafts. You might get an idea there. Have fun.

With my teenagers they love DVD's and lots of chocolate. I always add lots of just junky things from the dollar store.

I use a clothes basket or waste basket so they can reuse rather than an easter basket..If a college student, just fill with toiletries and washing powders and fast food gift cards are always appreciated.

You could make or buy barrettes, or something for her hobby. Something from the Christian Book Store. Make a simple purse. Do a web search.

Thank you all so much. I think I will try to make her something because I don't have any money at all really. She is such a great friend and we like to give each other cute things for just about every holiday, and I'm starting to run out of ideas. :)