Old Fashioned Looking Easter Eggs

If you want that old fashioned country look on your Easter eggs, just use brown eggs, dye them in 1 cup cold water, several drops of food coloring and a tablespoon of white vinegar.

By Latrtatr from Loup City, NE

That's a cute idea, Lara! I dye eggs with my Grandma annually and a new spin, like using brown eggs, is so simple and obvious but can make it so much more fun!

(My sisters, grandma, mom & I have been dying eggs for over 10 years together and now it's being continued with a 4th generation added- my daughter, son, and niece- and another on the way from my sister! YAY!)

Lara, I've been noticing all your cool & creative crafts lately! Great job! :) You are a new thriftyfun fave for me for sure!

Decorated Easter Eggs in Basket
Decorating and Dyeing Easter Eggs
Crafts Easter EggsMarch 24, 2010
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Making Yarn Easter Eggs
Making Yarn Easter Eggs
Canape with Egg and Vegetables
Easter Brunch Ideas
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye