Making Marbleized Easter Eggs

Category Eggs
For a beautiful decorated Easter egg, try a marbleized effect. This page has tips for using nail polish and food coloring to create these unique eggs.

I used my ThriftyFun post "Easy Marbled Nail Art" for inspiration to make these eggs. All you need is a bowl of water and nail polish to make these little beauties. I used three colours, but you can use as many as you like!

Link: Easy Marbled Nail Art

• bowl of room temperature water
  • nail polish
  • toothpick
  • gloves
  • hardboiled eggs

1. Tip nail polish into the bowl of water slowly, holding close to the surface of the water.
  2. Advertisement

3. Use the toothpick to swirl the nail polish around.
  4. Put on a glove and dunk an egg into the water half way, picking up the paint.
  5. Place egg in carton, paint side up, and allow to dry.
  6. When dry, repeat the marbling process with fresh water.
  7. Dunk the other half of the egg in the water and pick up the nail polish.
  8. Advertisement

9. Allow eggs to dry completely.
  10. You can use as many colours as you like, or even just one to keep it simple!

Editor's Note: Because of the nail polish, these eggs are strictly decorative, unlike regular dyed Easter eggs. They shouldn't be considered edible and should be discarded soon after Easter. If you wish to make one as a keepsake, blow the contents out of the eggshell first.

This project is fun and unique. You will never get the same look twice by using artificial eggs. These take only minutes to make plus drying time.

Making Marbled Eggs

Here is a tip to make the coolest eggs around, all you need is food-coloring.

Years ago my mom made marbleized Easter eggs. They didn't just look like them they really were the real thing. Does anyone know how to do this? I do know they wrapped silk cloth around them to make a pattern and boiled them for a long time. Anyone know how to do this? Thank you in advance for your help!

Karen from Clemmons, NC

Answers

Best Answer

Karen, I saw a project on Martha Stewart some time back ( probably last Easter) on how to make marbled eggs using silk ties like you mentioned. I haven't tried them yet. Go to Martha's web site and I'll bet you can find the project. It was called silk tie Easter eggs. If you can't find it,email me at bjptl AT bellsouth.net and I will send a copy to you.
Judy Harris

Crafts Easter EggsJanuary 21, 2020
🐛
🐰
🌻
😷
👒

Generated 2020-04-05 10:08:07 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️