EggsEaster

Nail Polish Marbled Eggs

I used my ThriftyFun post "Easy Marbled Nail Art" for inspiration to make these eggs. All you need is a bowl of water and nail polish to make these little beauties. I used three colours, but you can use as many as you like!

Link: Easy Marbled Nail Art

1. Tip nail polish into the bowl of water slowly, holding close to the surface of the water.
  2. Use the toothpick to swirl the nail polish around.
  3. Put on a glove and dunk an egg into the water half way, picking up the paint.
  4. Place egg in carton, paint side up, and allow to dry.
  5. When dry, repeat the marbling process with fresh water.
  6. Dunk the other half of the egg in the water and pick up the nail polish.
  7. Allow eggs to dry completely.
  8. You can use as many colours as you like, or even just one to keep it simple!

Editor's Note: Because of the nail polish, these eggs are strictly decorative, unlike regular dyed Easter eggs. They shouldn't be considered edible and should be discarded soon after Easter. If you wish to make one as a keepsake, blow the contents out of the eggshell first.

That is really cool!!
I'll bet you could apply this same method to other "stuff"!!
I love to see your postings.

Indeed! Now I want to go dip lots of other "stuff" ;) Thank you!!!

It is cool but you might want to warn people not to eat the eggs. Kids might see this and eat the eggs with all the chemicals in nail polish.

I think one would dye the egg with the shell intact. A perfect barrier.

Yep. If you can't eat the dye, don't eat the egg. Shells are porous. You could blow out the egg for this craft!

I think Miz Toosa's intent was to create a couple of show pieces for the Easter holiday, to be admired when placed on a shelf. They're much too pretty to be subjected to hiding and finding by our little darlings.

Toos, Sweet, Fabergé would admire your craftsmanship.

I like!

Thank you! They are definitely not intended for eating purposes!! :)

I'll add a note, just to make sure that everyone is safe. I don't think people realize how porous an eggshell really is.

Thank you so much, Jess! :)

I agree with the Editor's note wholeheartedly, but unless the empty shells are kept under a glass dome I seriously doubt they would endure the ravages of time.

I've been thinking about this and might have come up with a solution. My research tells me that if the eggs are made specifically to be kept many years as keepsakes, it might be best to fill the hollow shells by injecting them with a good grade of non shrink silicone. Even so, it might still be a good idea to keep them under glass.

Perhaps Attosa might want to consider an 'add on' craft using this idea next Easter.