Recycled Aluminum Can for Flour Measuring

I make a lot of homemade bread so I buy flour in bulk. To make measuring easier I keep a mandarin orange can in my flour container. It measures 2 cups and has grooves inside at the 1/2 and 1 cup level. I took a marker and drew a line around the inside of the can at those levels for a quick measure.

Source: Lucky accident on my part.

By Latrtatr from LC, NE

That is too cool! Very smart and inventive. Before yogurt cups went from 8 oz. to 6 oz., you could get a lot of help from those little guys.

When I get a lot of bulk foods, I separate what I buy so I can grab it and go. How much do you usually use for mac and cheese? Put that much in a tin or pringle can, etc.

Do you make a pie each week? How about separating the flour you need and keeping that in the pantry. I pre-mix my coatings for chicken and fish, and keep that in old mayo jars so I can see what is inside. This was a great idea!

I am a great believer in recycling. I use the small pineapple can for a biscuit cutter. Just cut both ends and wash thoroughly. There are other sizes for smaller biscuits or cookies I also save my small yogurt cups for planting seeds for spring crops.Of course you have to start the seedling in late winter.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking BreadNovember 20, 2009
All Purpose Flour
What is All Purpose Flour?
Bread Machine
Recipes Using All Purpose Flour in Bread Machine
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding