Uses for Empty Tennis Ball Cans

Call or go to any tennis club and ask then to save the empty tennis ball containers for you. Wash them out and use for almost anything. I use them for leftover cereal. They are air tight and have a good seal so they keep out bugs. They can hold small amounts of refrigerated items or you can drink out of them. They can be stacked or laid on their side. They're also good for small craft items.

Note: Be careful of the lip. It's sharp

By shirl from Houston, TX

Sorry but this is not a good idea. Those balls are treated with chemicals and the containers are not made for food products. You could be ingesting something hazardous. Never put food in a container that was not meant for food.

As Ann Parker stated, those were my first thoughts too! The smell when opening a can of tennis balls should be clue enough to not use for a any food stuff. Just saying.

I play a lot of tennis and the old balls work great for my two dogs, but what uses are there for empty tennis ball cans?

Answers:

Uses for Empty Tennis Ball Cans

I have some clear ones that I took the labels off that work great in the garage to store stuff on shelfs. You can see what's in them.

Also would work as temporary storage for a paint brush so it doesn't dry out in between uses. (05/05/2004)

By Joe

Uses for Empty Tennis Ball Cans

You can store half-baked cookies in the freezer, then finish baking them a few at a time. This has been done with Pringle cans but could also be done with tennis ball cans. (05/05/2004)

By hwalz

Uses for Empty Tennis Ball Cans

You could pack silverware or plastic silverware in them for your picnic basket to keep them from getting broken.

Once a roll of trash bags gets low, or you can use it for the smaller wastebasket rolls, you can place them in there with one sticking out and it works like the old baby wipe containers and won't unravel.

We have also used them to collect dried flower buds at the end of the summer to replant the next year. (05/05/2004)

By Tawnda

Anonymous

As a teacher I use them for centers and I wish I could get some from someone. My tennis Club is not collecting them quick enough for me.

I would send you some if you still need them. I am looking for a way to recycle them.

Better Living Green Living ReusingAugust 17, 2010
📓
🌻
🎂