Removing Mildew from Leather

How do I clean mold off of leather and suede?

By Eric from Cleveland, OH

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Have a look at a leather motorbike jacket I just cleaned. It was given a rub with a tea tree oil blend meant for a face steamer. The difference is huge! I will post if it fades but it looks good so far!

Answer

How do I remove mould from leather shoes?

By Nicole from Australia NSW

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need to remove mildew from my leather handbag from being left in a cupboard for about 4 months. We have rather a high humidity rate here, and so mildew tends to form pretty soon on articles left in closets.

By Mani Mare from Durban, South Africa

Removing Mildew from Leather

Have you tried using saddle soap? (04/14/2010)

By laura343

Removing Mildew from Leather

Had the same problem. What worked for me is that I wiped the handbag with a damp cloth to remove the worst. Then I grabbed one of those shoe polish bottles with the sponge applicator (my handbag was black so it was easy to match color), and gave the bag a good going over with the shoe polish. I allowed it to dry, and it now looks like new! (04/15/2010)

By cett

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove mildew from a leather jacket?

By Faye from Wynne, AR

Removing Mildew from Leather

Try car upholstery cleaner. (01/06/2010)

By bubbleswire

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you clean mildew off of leather belts and leather boots?

By Linda from McKinney, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone know how to clean of mildew from leather car seat?

Endsy from Houston, TX

Removing Mildew from Leather

You need to use a professional mold killer on this something like Em Clean from LTT. This will kill the spores and prevent them from coming back.

LTTsolutions<net/a>
Leather care consultants (11/20/2007)

By Leather Agony Aunt

Removing Mildew from Leather

Do not try vinegar. This ruined my leather saddle for good, and I'm still trying to find ways to fix it. Bleach is also too strong. Find a pH neutral leather cleaner, available at a country supply or pet supply store.

So far, Listerine has been somewhat successful in removing it. (08/03/2008)

By Regal

Removing Mildew from Leather

I have a stunning vintage Hermes Kelly bag that was covered in mildew after being stored in a closet that I was unaware had a problem with damp. The mildew was white and covering the interior of this very valuable and beautiful bag. I did a little research and then realized that the best killer of mold that would not harm the leather or myself was Tea Tree Oil. It also nourished the leather as well as killing the mold spores. My bag is like new again and I am a happy girl. Good luck. PS- Never ingest tea tree oil, but it works great on mildew and athletes foot from gyms, hotel showers, etc. (12/13/2008)

By The Travelvixen

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What can be used to safely clean mildew off a leather briefcase that won't harm or discolor the leather?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone know how to get the mildew odor out of leather jackets?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Old Leather Work Boots
Removing Mold and Mildew from Leather
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherSeptember 22, 2010
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 6:12:31 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.