Climbing Roses

Could someone suggest some climbing roses for a north facing wall. Thank you.

Don Jaun should work well

Your answer truly depends on where you live. I live in the deep south and believe me Don Juan isn't a good choice here and I love and have Don in my rose garden. Check around in your community and find an own root climbing rose you like the color of and ask if they will let you root a piece or root you one and most times one gardener helps another and you will be pleased with the result.

I live close to the Tampa area and I have 7 Don Juan climbing rose bushes planted on the north side of my back yard against my fence....when the roses bloom they are about 4 inches across and are beautiful. It is very hot and humid here and they work well for me but they do get black spot and you should spray them often to take care of that problem.

Home and Garden Gardening RosesMarch 2, 2009
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
White Climbing Roses
Growing Climbing Roses
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings