Capping Off Wires and Covering With Blank Plate

I have Jacuzzi tub on a 20amp circuit with a GFIC on it, that has a bathroom add-on outlet tied in to the circuit with 14 gage wire. I feel sure this is a code violation. I can not get to the junction box to replace the wire with out tearing our the tile around the tub. What should I do with this outlet? I was thinking of capping off the wires and putting a closed plate over it. Would that be safe?

J.W.

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalNovember 19, 2008
Organizing Loose Wires
Organizing Loose Wires
paper plate painted different colors and cut into puzzle
Paper Plate Puzzles
Photo of the wires behind a computer desk.
Organizing Computer Wires
Wickker Paper Plate Holders
Using Paper Plate Holders
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:41:47 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.