Repurposing Calendar Pictures

Category Reusing
This is a guide about repurposing calendar pictures. Continue to enjoy your favorite calendar pages, even after the year is over, by displaying them another way or using them for crafts.

Tips

Share a TipCheck out these tips or, if you have something to add to this guide, click to share your own tip!

Want some inexpensive picture frames for your decor, but don't want the expense? Save your calendars and select florals, scenes, etc. to accommodate your living decor. You may have to crop and cut them to fit behind the 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 inch opening mattes. Buy cheap frames and you have your own inexpensive artwork. Great in groups of three in a hallway, etc. You will be able to afford to change them with the seasons for a different look! These make nice little friendship, hostess, or housewarming gifts too.

Note: I would not suggest selling these for profit as there might be copyright laws involved.

By linn.2009 from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Cute idea. I love the bear in the fur coat!

Here's my tip for repurposing calendar pictures. If I don't already have enough similar pictures as screen savers, I scan the calendar photos onto my computer.

Then, this morning, I took them to an elementary school. The lady at the office desk was pleased to take them and thought the teachers and kids would like them.

By CS from Salem, OR

I lived in Salem, and have my kids and grandkids there, too. You can also take the smaller versions from the back and make them into magnets!! I cover them with the wide, clear packaging tape to keep them protected. They can also be used for doll house art! Good luck!

Cheap Ways to Decorate

Need to decorate in a bad way but have almost no money to spare? If you want to perk up those bare walls with artwork here's what you do.

1) Wait until January when calendars are at half to 75% off to pick your favorite artist or pictures and pick up diploma/certificate frames. These are the real plain ones with no actual frame like you see in art galleries or on a doc's office wall. Cut to template and frame. 12 pieces of artwork.

2) Find your favorite artists online and save the pics to your hard drive. Then print them out in greyscale under the best quality option. Use colored pencils to color them in. They come out looking like soft watercolor prints. They are beautiful and super easy, fun and cheap. Frame and hang. Done.

Hope this helps you.

By Suzanne S.

Beautiful Scenes on a Blank Wall

I never throw away those beautiful pictures on calendars, especially the nature scenes. I will cut them out to make beautiful scenes on a blank wall. I'll buy $2-$3 8x10 or 10x13 frames from Walmart, depending on the size of the picture, take out the paper insert from the frame, flip it over so only the white part is showing, center the picture on it, tack it down with a small bit of stick glue, and frame! Usually the pictures in the calendar go together well, so you've got a beautiful scene for a wall already done for you! Sometimes I will even paint the plain wood frames with an acrylic paint to make the pictures look more expensive.

By Sandra from Floral City, FL

Diploma/certificate frames are found often at Dollar stores.

Do you want to recycle old calendars and make your home look good? Here's what I did. My husband is a railroader and had a calendar with trains on it. The pictures were wonderful.

Here is a nice, inexpensive, but still good-looking holiday gift. It's also a good way to recycle old calendar pages.

Find a calendar, either an old one of yours or the ultra-cheap ones that go on sale very late in the year, per perhaps ones from the dollar store. Cut out all the pictures, leaving a bit of a border around it. (You can also use nice looking magazine pages and other such pics.)

Get some matting (those cardboard frames you can get at craft and art stores), or get nice frames at thrift shops or dollar stores...the size of course depends on the size of the calendar pictures. Put the pictures in the mats or frames, and you have a nice looking decoration for someone's wall. You can even decorate the frames yourself with paint or things you can glue on. Use the inexpensive mats and use all the pages of the calendar and give them a set of pictures they can rotate out on their desk or wall.

Ideas for pictures:

• For young boys: Star Wars, Harry Potter, Transformers, Pokemon, pirates, samurai or ninjas, cars, planes, rock stars, astronomy or weather pics.

• For young girls: Horses, puppies, kittens, "hunky" guys, favorite actors, Hollywood, dancing, rock stars.

• For women: Cute or pretty animals, vacation spots and landscapes, favorite actors or singers, handsome men, flowers, things that spark their particular interests.

• For men: Cars, pretty women, cityscapes, action movies, horror or macabre stuff if they're into it, Rock Band or other video games.
By Saber from Omaha, NE

For beautiful wall art on a budget, I use my old calendars and save my favorite pictures to hang up. You can start a file of favorite pictures and rotate them, and even frame them if you wish.

By Karen from Big Rapids,MI

Answers:

Calendar Wall Art

My husband is a teacher & saves nice pix from old calendars to decorate his classroom(s). (01/18/2007)

By pamphyila

Calendar Wall Art

I agree, Karen. I have bought inexpensive mats and frames and have used calendar pictures that look just as nice as expensive artwork. (01/18/2007)

By Persnickety Paula

Calendar Wall Art

I cut apart gift bags from the dollar store and frame them, makes great pics for the kids rooms. (01/18/2007)

By Designersheets

Calendar Wall Art

I have several old calendars I've been saving (one from 1999!) for this purpose. Trouble is, the pages are not standard sizes, and custom framing would kinda defeat the thrifty purpose. Does anyone have any ideas for inexpensively framing or mounting calendar prints? (02/03/2007)

By Kelly

Calendar Wall Art

Kelly, for your odd sized calendar pictures I would suggest buying standard sized frames and buy colored card stock or poster board to fit the frames, then mount your pictures onto the colored posterboard. The frames will be all the same size and give you a symmetrical look, and the pictures will be all different sizes and will help to draw the eye to your artwork. (02/03/2007)

By Persnickety Paula