Stains On Baby Clothing

I have thirty year old baby clothing that has formula or food stains on it. It is mostly cotton. What can possibly be used to remove them?

Nance from Bloomington, IN

Mix one cup of powdered Chlorox Blue and one cup of powdered Cascade dishwashing detergent in about 5 gallons of the hottest water. I do this on the lowest setting on my washer. Leave soak for at least 24 hours. Works like magic....everyone calls me for my "magic recipe." good luck

Editor's Note: I wonder if you used less of each if it would work equally as well. It seems like a lot of cascade when just a little cleans a whole dishwasher worth of dishes. You might save some money lessening the ingredients each time to see how it works until you notice the effectiveness lessening.

OXI-CLEAN is your answer! It will take any and all stains new or old!

Soak the garments all night in Oxiclean, in the morning turn your washer back on and let it finish its cycle.

I swear by it now AS my elderly husband spills everything on his clothes. It has even taken out old stains!

I use it now as a supplement to our detergent with each laundry load as it works such wonders.

Relatively inexpensive if you were to have to replace these garments because of stains being on them.

Their commerical states that even old stains can be taken out and I beleive it is guranteed!

I wish this product was around when our children were small...formula does leave bad stains!

Good luck!

September 26, 2006 Flag

Many of my infant daughter's clothes come out of the laundry with blue stains just on the chest area. It seems to happen only to light colors (but not white). Is it the detergent interacting with the clothing dye and some enzyme in baby spit up? I'm so disappointed that brand new clothes get discolored after just one wearing. Repeated washings do not seem to help. Any ideas?

Alice from New Hampshire

Answers:

Blue Stains On Baby Clothing After Laundering

For Alice from New Hampshire... Sometimes when my sons where little, i would have that happen. if you are using liquid fabric softner, it will do that if added directly on the clothes.

Cheryl (04/04/2005)

By ThriftyFun

My friend had baby clothes packed away for a long time. When a new baby was announced, she brought out the "old stuff". Some bibs and tops were formula (or?) stained. She soaked them all in OxyClean, and they came out like brandie new~! Some, she had to soak overnight. I tried the product, and now I'm hooked on it, too. Hope this helps, since baby clothes are so expensive to buy. (04/05/2005)

By Dolly

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsSeptember 26, 2006
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄