Fishing Line For Frugal Toilet Fix

contest winner icon

As a very stingy gramma, I have got "tight waddery" down to a science. While living in an apartment where the repair people didn't come running when I called, I figured out a way to fix my toilet. I just did it this morning in my 30+ year old condo. We will eventually replace the toilets but this will work until we do.

I removed the chain from the flushing apparatus and replaced it with a double length of fishing line. If you make it exactly the length to fit from the handle to the little rubber stopper thingy, it won't get caught and leave the toilet running all day. Fishing line won't cause those rust stains which torment us at cleaning time. Be sure to leave the link of chain that attaches to the rubber stopper. Just loop the line through that and then through the hole in the lever which attaches to the flush handle. Then wind it several times and tie it securely.

I love it!

That's genius! Thanks.

Fishing Line
Uses for Fishing Line
Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingSeptember 18, 2007
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄