Mystery Itchy Bump On Face

I'm searching for a solution to something I think is kind of odd.
Almost every single day, I will randomly get a small itchy bump on my face. Pretty much like a bug bite. Either this bug is completely microscopic or this is just something my skin is doing. Anyone know? Do I have FLEAS?! I would think that if something is on my face getting ready to bite me, I would be able to see it. These bumps just magically appear it seems like. I don't change soaps, I DO have animals, and I bathe regularly. Any idea on what is causing this? Thanks!

Amber from Colorado

Change your laundry detergent to All Free and Clear or some other allergen sensitive formula. Wash your linens and pj's on the hottest possible temp and use your dryer to dry. Do not use dryer sheets or softeners. Also, encase your mattress and pillows in high quality allergen covers. If that is not the solution I can only think of using an anti fungal cream.

This sounds like what I struggled to deal with for many years. I got a kind of "hive" that actually was in response to things that I'd eaten or just a "allergic" response to something unknown. I took allergy medicine (Zyrtec) but have had more luck with a very low dose of monocycline. I've finally got it under control! Talk to your family doctor. This is the same treatment for Roscea.

It could be hives ... try taking Benadryl or the generic one, which is cheaper.

A young girl I work with has this and she came to the conclusion it was the regular coke she was drinking. She would get only one or two.

Sounds like nerves..or like a hive..are you taking a new medication?

Annoying but not serious..I don't think.

Go to a dermatologist if it continues.

Dorie

Where I live we have many spiders most so small that you don't even see them. I find small itchy spots on my face frequently as does my husband. It makes me crazy because you rarely see them but they can find you.

hairy joe from Port Clinton OH

I don't know what this is, but I am reasonably sure it is NOT fleas.

I hope it is not true for you, but that is how my Rosacea started. Have you been under any unusual stress lately? Stress triggers it. If you find out it is Rosacea, this is a great rescource http://www.rosacea.org. I went through years of medical trail and error, the only thing that keeps is cleared up for me is Oil of Olay Total Effects 7X.

Good Luck!

Tamak

thank you all for this feedback.

i'm starting to think it might be hives after a few had mentioned it.

someone else said it could be a new medication, but i got them before i started taking what i'm on right now.

stress seems to be my middle name currently, so there's another cause.

it all makes sense! now i don't feel like it's a mystery anymore!

pls help i have dark upper lips

I get bugbites of my face too, well i think they are. I usually just ignore it and cover it witrh makeup since mine are usually skin color They arent super noticable

I am currently dealing with the same symptoms. They start out as a small raised bump, itchy. Almost like a mosquito bite. Then after scratching a few times they almost create a thin scab. They never develop a head, so I am sure they are not pimples. But they just continue to show up. It's very annoying. The only thing my Derm has offered is a low dose of anti-biotic and to wash with Dial Soap and of course moisturize. I haven't had any good results as of yet, and have been suffering from this for months, almost a year. And before this I had very nice skin. Very curious to find out exactly what is going on.

This is exactly what's going on with me!

Everyone is wrong... Sorry to disapoint it is not hives or even a rash.

Next time when you shave, rinse with really cold water. After you shave your pours are all still open. Bacteria soon goes inside. The itchy bump on you face is a reaction to the bacteria. After you shave be sure not to touch your face!

good luck

I have been searching for someone else with this condition 4 years, it has been the bane of my life. Too often mistaken for acne - but it is exactly like mosquito bites! I can't work out the pattern. I hate it. The dermotologist said it was hives and nothing I could do except take anti-histamine. I wish I could work out why I get it. Sugar?

My face will itch and burn sometimes the bumps are painful and irritating extremely noticeable-mostly around my jaw line. they do scar and my face tends to have larger pores so I have to constantly where cover-up. I have actually had people ask me if I was consuming drugs which is mortifying since I am clean and sober and believe in a healthy lifestyle yet my face does not give me justice. I have to constantly tell myself it doesn't matter what they say they have no clue, I have more apathy for others. But its really not fair is it.

Even when I was a teenager it wasn't that bad- I have found though that if I can break a good sweat like with a heavy workout and my heart gets the blood pumping enough it changes the metabolism in my body and in a way flushes whatever it is causing this out so its not as bad. But I have to take a shower immediately after sweating to wash it out of my skin-I think it may be a number of things and they're probably is quite a list of remedies. I love to hear them too I will try them myself ones I have not tried.

Occasionally I get a random bump on my face, ranging from the size of a pea to the size of a lollipop. It has only ever occured on my face but its location varies. It shifts mainly between the nasal area and my upper lip. On a bad day the whole upper lip swells up and looks distorted but there is no reddening. The swelling increases if and when I scratch. I've had tests done but nothing comes up and I cannot trace food that I could be allergic to. I cannot anticipate its occurance but it seems to be more frequent lately.

I get these all the time for the last couple of years. Just started appearing out of no where. Feel and look like a mosquito bite, but there are no mosquitoes around. They itch relentlessly until I put on benadryl cream. I get them mostly at work, one or two a day, so I'm thinking that it is stress related. I have tried everything and want help for it. Tired of having these bumps with holes in them (like a mosquito bite) on my face. Help!

Ah! I have these to, I have found that mine are stress related, when I encounter something that irritates me, my jawline starts itching, an bumps begin to pop up, before I know it, they are bloody and scabbed over, they last for weeks, Super annoying, if anyone has any remedies please shot them my way, I have tried expensive, mid grade and cheap cleansers, moisturizers and spot treatments, and nothing seems to work. Help!

I used to get this and came to find out it was leave-in conditioner I was putting on my hair. I stopped using it, and the bumps went away.

I get these, too! I am a clean person and unfortunately, several months ago, a neighbor's child spent the night but they had bedbugs! I started experiencing what I thought were mosquito bites every night on my back and front torso, then I figured maybe they were hives. Then a huge one appeared on my hand and thought a spider bite. After searching the web, realized they were bedbugs! It took months to get rid of them because they're hard to find/see if you don't know what you're looking for (they only come out at dawn, feed and hid back in wood, panels, bed frames, etc). Threw out beds,mattresses and exterminator did an excellent job (several treatments) but I have been paranoid whenever I find a "hive" on me!

I recently been going through a lot of stress and came down with 2 hives on my face and almost forgot I used to get these time to time with stress, but since I just came down with them a few days ago, I became so paranoid and starting checking my sofa, beds, etc. I hope these are just "stress hives". One went down tremendously since last night (bed bug bites don't tend to do that just over night). Reading all of these comments made me recall that I used to suffer from stress hives off and on so I feel a little better at ease! :-)

I have the same problem for years and still has it. My doctor don't know my case put me through diagnose nothing come up and my stupid dermatologist just keep saying it is allergy. I know but what cause it? now, I have notice more sleep and less on sugar. Triamcinolone Acetonide cream USP o.1% best on ithcy skin.

Im been getting random bites on my cheek lately, its so weird first started off on right side cheek now on my felt side cheek, and that bite caused a circle ball/round thing in my neck like under my left ear...have any of you have had that?

I have been to the Dr. twice and I think they just don't know so they just make their best guess sound convincing. The 'bites' are random. It may come after washing my face, it may come while sleeping, or even in the middle of the day while at the office. They go away after a day or 2 but then new 1s pop up. I almost don't want to leave the house anymore!

I have the same annoying bumps! I've gone months with none then out of no where they appear. I have five right now, since Friday! Always around the jaw line, where my beard would be if I grew one. Dermatologist- gives me protopic ointment but I don't think it helps. I have to let them run there course, itch crazily! Where are the answers here?

Started years ago right before my periods. How I always knew when I was gonna start lol now is random every or a few times a week think it must be stress related cause I'm a women and I do not shave not sure what idiot came up with that but mine always go away quickly (normally) also almost always around mouth cheek and chin area, got two today first one is gone already. Mine usually last 1 hr to a couple hrs rarely any longer.

Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 14, 2007
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
child rubbing eyes
Remedies for Itchy Eyes
Halloween Murder Mystery Party
Hosting a Halloween Murder Mystery Party
🎄