Shims for Plant Markers

Instead of buying plant markers go to your hardware store and ask for a bundle of shims. These are very inexpensive wooden slats and have plenty of room to use a permanent marker to write the name of the plant.

By Connie from Ballwin, MO

Here are a few other ways to mark your plants inexpensively.

1. Take wooden kabob skewers and popsicle sticks. Glue the stick to the skewer and then use a permanant maker to write the plant name. Then take clear nail polish and swipe over the written plant name. Now you can simply stick in the ground.

2. I had some wooden chop sticks that were four sided. I tool them and wrote my plant name on one side and used clear nail polish to seal the name.

3. Another way to use chopsticks or wooden kabob skewers is to take either itme and metal canning lids. Be sure you use the lids, not the rings. Gluse the lids (side ways) to the selected skewer or chopstick and then use the permant marker to write the plant name. When you have several done you can take a can of clear shellac and spray the written names so they don't run.

Hope this helps someone I know these all look really cute in the yard.

I go to thrift shops they most all have ventian blinds and take the blinds and cut them into how ever long I need theres room for a lot of information too. and there rreally cheap

Popsicle Stick Plant Marker
Homemade Plant Markers
Home and Garden Gardening MiscellaneousApril 24, 2006
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Soda Can Plant Labels
Making Soda Can Plant Labels
stone garden marker
Making Stone Plant Markers
finished marker
Cork Plant Markers
🎉
🎄