Cleaning Plastic Dish Strainer

By amy 12 11

I need something to help me clean my plastic dish strainer. It has a build up of soap, I do not have the money to buy another one. I know its only a couple dollars for one, but money is tight.

Amy

Showing: Answers Sort

By Marty Dick 167 967 Flag

I use vinegar to remove soap buildup from many things. You can also soak your shower head in it and it will take the mineral deposits from water right off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By April 187 452 Flag

Sometimes soaking in very hot water, then using an old toothbrush will start to loosen it--then pat dry and transfer it to a bowl of vinegar

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Christine Biernat 8 91 Flag

Try using a dab of shampoo on it and scrubbing with a washcloth, then rinse with hot water. The dandruff kind works great. I use it in the bathroom to clean the fixtures of soap scum buildup! Use an old toothbrush for any small hard to reach spaces.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Soak it in hot water with a little bleach. Will lift off all the build up very quickly with no scrubbing.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Doris Snoeck 1 8 Flag

When I have some extra space in my dishwasher, I put it in with a load of dishes and it comes out like new

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim Churchman 3 1,277 Flag

You might have hard water. You can make a vinegar solution with hot water in the sink and immerse the rack for a half hour.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I seriously doubt this person has a dishwasher...all the other hints will work though

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary 12 195 Flag

And why should you buy a new one when you have one that is perfectly fine? I say run a sink of hot water and soak it, even if you have to do it one end at a time. If this doesn't loosen the soap scum enough to wipe it free, then take a scrub brush to it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceNovember 27, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Washing Machine
Making a Washing Machine Filter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 12:31:11 PM on 10.0.0.145 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings