Cleaning Plastic Dish Strainer

I need something to help me clean my plastic dish strainer. It has a build up of soap, I do not have the money to buy another one. I know its only a couple dollars for one, but money is tight.

Amy

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I use vinegar to remove soap buildup from many things. You can also soak your shower head in it and it will take the mineral deposits from water right off.

Sometimes soaking in very hot water, then using an old toothbrush will start to loosen it--then pat dry and transfer it to a bowl of vinegar

Try using a dab of shampoo on it and scrubbing with a washcloth, then rinse with hot water. The dandruff kind works great. I use it in the bathroom to clean the fixtures of soap scum buildup! Use an old toothbrush for any small hard to reach spaces.

Soak it in hot water with a little bleach. Will lift off all the build up very quickly with no scrubbing.

When I have some extra space in my dishwasher, I put it in with a load of dishes and it comes out like new

You might have hard water. You can make a vinegar solution with hot water in the sink and immerse the rack for a half hour.

I seriously doubt this person has a dishwasher...all the other hints will work though

And why should you buy a new one when you have one that is perfectly fine? I say run a sink of hot water and soak it, even if you have to do it one end at a time. If this doesn't loosen the soap scum enough to wipe it free, then take a scrub brush to it.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceNovember 27, 2007
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Washing Machine
Making a Washing Machine Filter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:35:30 PM on 10.0.2.19 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.