Tub Surround vs. Tile

I can't decide whether to put in a tub surround or to put tile around my tub? Any ideas, also which is easier to keep clean?

Patricia

I think the fiberglass type tub surround might be slightly easier to clean because there arent any seams or cracks. However, I feel that looks cheap.

There is nothing like tile to add value to your home. Should you ever wish to sell your home I feel tile would get a better selling price. I have tile that was installed in 1971 when my house was built. It has grout between the tiles. But that isnt a problem to clean.

Good luck

I have a one piece fiberglass tub and ceramic tile half way on the bathroom walls. I love my tub, it is a breeze to clean. However I only recommend them if you have soft water. Otherwise the mineral and soap deposits will be difficult to clean off since you can't use anything too harsh.

Now grout is sealed, whereas years ago it was not. It used to be very hard to keep the mildew stains out of the grout. With sealed grout, that shouldn't be as much of a problem.

Actually, I clean homes for a living and tile can be the worst to clean. It stains and mildews. Tub surrounds can look sparkling clean for a very long time if taken care of correctly. Just adding my two cents worth!

I agree that tile adds value. If this were a rental, or the neighborhood was run down, I would do tub surround.

I seal my grout every 6-12 months. Use a squeegie after every shower and you won't have any problem.

In my house I have two fiberglass surrounded tubs and in the master bath my whirlpool tub/shower is surrounded by tiled walls. I love the tile so much more mainly because of the look. I clean the walls once a week with a Mr. Clean magic eraser after a shower and it is a breeze.

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomMarch 26, 2008
Installing Vinyl Tile Over Old Linoleum Tile
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄