Why Does My Baptista Plant Not Produce Seed Pods?

My Baptisia, "Purple Smoke", did not produce seed pods again this year. The petals fall off and the flower stalk remains bare. It's been in the ground for 2 blooming seasons, gets sun/part sun, and enough water. What could possibly be causing this?

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By Pam from Baton Rouge, LA

Answers

Pam, that is a new one on me. I would have no idea what would be the cause of that. I have both the purple baptisia and the yellow and purple combo one. I sent you a personal message letting you know I would be glad to save you some seed this fall. I have successfully grown them from seed although it is not easily done. This one I grew from seed and it is only the second year so thought it did very well.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceApril 19, 2011
sunflower with seeds in foreground
Using a Seed Exchange
bittersweet
Bittersweet Not Blooming
Trumpet Vine Seed Pods
Starting a Trumpet Vine From Seed Pods
growing snap dragons from seed
Growing Flowers from Seed
🎄