Bittersweet Not Blooming?

I bought Bittersweet at a reputable gardening shop and planted it. It has been three years and had grown wonderful with lots of leaves and vines but no blooms. Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do to get the Bittersweet to finally bloom?

Pattie McIntyre from Bridgton, Maine

Answers

By Jan (Guest Post)

Hi,I grew bittersweet a while back and I think you need a male and a female plant to pollinate.Didn't they tell you that at the nursery.I may be wrong but that is what I was told.

By Elizabeth (Guest Post)

Yes, you need both a male and female plant for blooms. Once you remedy this, you will have LOTS of blooms. Good luck!

By Pattie (Guest Post)

Ok, next question. How do you know you are buying a female and a male? I guess I need to know what I have growing now....Archie or Veronica! LOL!

Answer this Question