Emailed Pictures Not Working

Why do I not get pictures in most of my e-mails? I get small squares in the left hand corner of the boxes, they are red. Please help if possible. Thank you.

Donna from Galion, Ohio

Yeah, somebody help her...it happens to me too and the computer geeks say they don't know...maybe they're not geeky enough!

I had that same problem about 2yrs ago. It had to do with the software that came with my older scanner. I upgraded my scanner; installed the new software and haven't had the problem since.

I don't know if this will help you, but sometimes this works for me. I right click on the little box that appears where a picture should be, and click on "open link" and the picture will open separately. I know that it's not the answer, but maybe it will help. I did something to my computer and now lots of links don't open automatically. I have no idea how to fix it. I can't remember or figure out what I did! Computers are supposed to make our lives easier, LOL. Good luck. Maybe a geeker's answer for you will help me, too.

This link should help - http://ask-leo.com/why_dont_picture ... in_the_emails_i_send_or_receive.html

When I got my computer back after the 3rd time for viruses I played around with the settings in my e-mail account and somehow managed to block all attachments coming to my e-mail address. I have no idea how to unfix it but so far I haven't contracted any viruses. I no longer open anything forwarded to me and I also created a separate e-mail account that I forward some e-mail to with pictures.

This started happening to me last week when we began using a different e mail program. Just figured out the quick fix today. When you open an individual e mail, click on the View tab on the tool bar. From the drop down menu click on Blocked Images. This will open the images or pictures with that particular e mail. If I figure out how to set this as a preference for all e mails, I'll let you know.

Most of the time, you right click it and hit "show picture" and it works. Sometimes it's not you, but the sender. When you try and send something in the body of a letter, the format has to be just right. If someone is sending you attachments, most of the time they work. If you have trouble, you might want to ask them to copy and paste to a word doc. This will accomplish two things.

First, if their photo won't copy, it's a format that won't forward to you either, and they know it before they try and send it.

Secondly, if the photo is too big, they can right click on the photo after they paste, then click on "properties", click on "size", and reduce the size clear down to 1". This way, by doing that, they can often put several photos on one page, as long as when the correct size is found, they make sure the curser is either beside or below the photo, just as if it were the next word.

Word doc's are easier to scan and print, send forward, etc. so you might want to ask people who routinely send you things to do that for you.

Another thing they can do is copy/paste the link where they got the photos, and you can open it.

Once inside, you can right click, click on save photos, and keep them in a folder.

If you have an older computer, it should all still work. The only restriction is size, and some email websites like Hotmail and Yahoo have a size limit on their "per email" so sometimes, if you have a lot to send, it's several emails before you can get it all sent.

I hope this helps!!

Computers TroubleshootingFebruary 16, 2009
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Working with Dark Colored Yarns
Working with Dark Colored Yarns
Glass Blocks
Putting Pictures on Lighted Glass Blocks
A picture frame on a plaster wall.
Hanging Pictures on Plaster Walls
🎄
🍂