Does My Kitten Have Worms?

I would like to know how to find out if my kitten has worms?

By rubylark from Hamilton, NJ

The best way is going to be make sure that it has had a vet visit. You can watch when it poops, and if there are sesame seed looking things on the outside of the stool, those are worm parts. Then the kitty will for sure need to go to the vet.

They need to confirm which type it is, before they can treat it. Then you can ask them if there is something over the counter that you can use in the future.

I never worm any of my dogs or kittens, they never have fleas either, and I just once found a tick on a cat. I live in a rural area and my cats are outside and eat mice and squirrels. What I do is feed them raw beef or pork liver from time to time. I also supplement their dry food with raw eggs, raw ground meat, tuna and salmon from cans.

I reason that a well-fed animal is a healthy animal, and parasites attack weak animals. This way I even got rid of parasites on weak, abandoned kittens. Counting back there were at least half a dozen dogs and more cats that I kept/keep healthy in the last 20+ years.

Fleas, you may not see there, are a host for worms. Easy way to find out is to watch where kitty does his/her stuff and check it out for little white pieces. You can't miss it and check out her/his behind right after-and frequently-but be mellow about it. There are other types of worms. If her/his coat went down hill and kitty is shedding a lot are other signs. Hope this helps.

See a vet! A one month old kitten should still be with it's mother and nursing. Also over the counter medications are more likely to kill the kitten. Also worms can spread to people, and other cats who use the same litter box. Be sure to wash your hands. Also cats who hunt birds, mice are likely to get worms from eating their catch. Feeding raw meat is not good for animals. Even a healthy animal can have worms!

Kitten With Worms
Treating a Kitten With Worms
Pets CatsAugust 5, 2009
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
growing tomatoes
Worms Eating Tomatoes
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
kitten drinking out of a bottle
Weaning a Bottle Fed Kitten
🎉
🎄