Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

I have been given a brand new wheelchair (electric) which I needed badly, but the lady who had it smoked a lot and it smells of strong cigarette smoke. Anyone have a good suggestion on how to remove the scent from the chair? I have tried Murphy's oil soap, Lysol, Febreze and setting it out in the sun all day.
The chair is regular wheelchair material. Thank you.

By knettles from GA

A vigourous cleaning using full strength distilled vinegar soaked rag on all surfaces (including the underside of the seat, arms, etc) and allow to air dry, should do the trick. You have to clean every nook and cranny. Be careful and don't clean the actual electric components though! This cleaning may need to be done two or three times but I know distilled vinegar will work and it's natural and safe.

If she was a heavy smoker, the smoke has gotten into the mechanism also. I would use baking soda (dry) sprinkle it everywhere, then vacuum in an hour. Coat it again with the baking soda and just leave it to wear off naturally. You can also try the carpet deodorizers for pets and smoke. I get mine at the local dollar store.

cigarette smoke odors
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 28, 2011
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A man smoking a cigarette and wearing a black leather jacket.
Removing Cigarette Smell from Leather Jacket
Child sniffing and hugging large stuffed bear
Cleaning Cigarette Smoke Odors on Stuffed Toys
🎉
🎄