Creative Uses for A Broken Computer Mouse

I have a broken Apple Pro Mouse, that is a computer mouse. I would like to find some use for it, rather than sending it to a landfill. Any ideas?

By Valya7 from Buffalo, NY

Not creative, but to avoid the landfill: Take all electronic unwanted items to a Radio Shack or Best Buy to recycle. I just took about 15 unused phone chargers and a broken calculator.

This idea is based on what I have readily available in my home and if I had a mouse to recycle I would make one up right now and post a photo, too :-)

I am not sure how much your mouse weighs but mine is heavy enough to use as a paperweight and since it's already called a mouse why not turn it in to a mouse paperweight?

Cut the cord off, glue a couple of buttons for the eyes, cut about 4 inches from the end of a shoelace for the tail and two pointy tip leaf ends from a silk plant (or cut felt or stiff fabric for the ears) then mold and glue them so they are standing up.

You could be really creative with the choice of buttons, almost everyone has shoe laces that probably need to be replaced (can dye if you want to change the color) and can paint or die the leaf tips or simply let the mouse have goofy green ears ;-)

You'll definitely be recycling and have a unique conversation piece for your desk plus you'll feel good about having stirred your creative side ;-)

Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 28, 2009
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Felt Mouse Pin Craft
Felt Mouse Pin Craft
Mouse Pad
Cleaning a Mouse Pad
Making Felt Mouse Ears
Making Felt Mouse Ears