Uses for Hampers

Pop open hampers are great for other things besides clothes. I love those new pop-open hampers that have a spring metal frame and nylon mesh construction. Each of our kids has one, each in a different color, and they know to put their dirty clothes in them.

I bought another and took it on a recent trip in the mini van. We used it in the room as a catch all and later put our dirty clothes in it for the trip home. They also would hold toys, bath toys, and pool toys. I'm sure you could come up with more ideas.

Our Ace Hardware has them on sale for just $2 bucks each, but even the regular price at Wal-Mart isn't bad. They fold up totally flat so they don't take up much space at all when not in use.

If you look, you can sometimes find these type of hampers at the dollar store. I LOVE mine and they are very durable. The kids like them, too, and find LOTS of uses for them - even pretend play.

I am in the process of crocheting an blanket for another one of my DH's great nieces (I have make 13 so far for his other great nieces & nephews).

I have all the material required for this blanket in one of my pop-up hampers. It can be easily carried to any room I need it in, even out to the Dining Tent on warm evenings.

I love it!!

I purchased 2 of the pop up hampers and the handles tore off them after two loads of dry laundry. I liked them while they lasted but would not purchase them again unless I reinforced the handles some how.

Anyone have any ideas for the reinforcement of the handles?

We have one that my boys hold all their toy balls in...they love to pretend they are making baskets all the time....they are ages 3 and 1, so its just the right size for them!! Makes it fun when its time to pick their toys up!!!

I have other pop up hampers that I use for their clothes they outgrow---I put them in the hampers and now I know what they have outgrown to put into our yearly garage sale!! Makes it easier for me to find!!!

Also have used them as gift bags!! I put the person's gift in the hamper (already opened)---that way they have 2 gifts in 1!!!

when mine ripped because of the heavy clothes, I cut it down one side and covered it with fabric to make a sun window shade i my car!

I love these pop-up hampers! We have one for when the grandsons come for a weekend visit and they love putting their dirty clothes in it. They look for it when they change to pjs the first night and we never have a problem with clothes laying around. We also have some of other sizes that we use for toys and I have one in the van between their seats stocked with books, small toys, crayons, paper, etc. for trips.

I bought two at a consignment store and use them for toy boxes for the grandkids ,you could use them also for winter clothes storage or Christmas tree storage, seasonal decorations, cat or dog food storage but still keep in the bag. The possibilities are limitless.