Reviews of Samsung 3-Door Refrigerator

I am thinking about purchasing one of those Samsung refrigerators that is a 3 door; two on the top for the fridge and a bottom freezer with 29 cu ft. I am waiting until after the Xmas season for better sales. Does anyone have one that they'd like to comment on?

My concern is the fact that I cook a lot and have a fridge full of condiments, weekly groceries, soy milk, skim milk, iced tea, etc. In other words, how are the gallon sized shelves holding up with the weight of the beverages and can you actually put all of your groceries in there?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Consumer Reports had these comments on refrigerators with bottom freezers. You'll have to bend to find items in freezer and you will open the refrigerator doors more often. Bottom freezers cost more than top freezers and offer less space for there size. Useable space is less than claimed. However, if that is what you want go buy one.

You were right on about usable space. I even went to the store and measured all the shelves trying to see what's really going on (in comparison with my present fridge).

Am I understanding you right, you are wondering if the doors can handle as much weight as they look like they are made to take? Yes they can, they really can. They tried to overload it at the factory and they made sure the hinges were really strong.

We have this model but it is the Maytag version. It is the worst appliance I have ever owned. I love the fridge being on the top and don't mind the bottom shelf BUT it has had to have the condenser replaced twice. Both out of warranty. Maytag would not listen at all.

Whenever the temperature in the house rises above 82, the refridgerator stops working. I would never buy one again.

I don't know who makes Samsung - but if it is the same manufacturer as Maytag - BEWARE. There have been many complaints about them.

Don't buy a Samsung or LG 3-door with an ice maker. The tiny ice maker takes four (4) hours to make four cubes of ice. If you open the refrigerator or the bottom freezer it will take five (5) hours or longer. Unlike Frigidaire, the water is not cooled by these LG / Samsung models.

The space is adequate and doors will take the load. If I had to do it over, I would not purchase an LG or Samsung product.

I would not buy another Samsung three door fridge. Twice about a year apart the water filter for the ice maker freezes or something, splits and pours water all over the unit and surrounding floor, etc. What a mess, loss of food and frustration! I have disabled my ice maker!

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Kitchen RefrigeratorsDecember 16, 2008
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Refrigerator Door
Testing a Refrigerator Seal