Where Do the Old Ink Cartridges and Cell Phones Go?

Has anyone ever heard of a place called 'Recycling Center' in Franklin, TN? They give you a postage paid plastic bag and you send them your old ink jet cartridges or cell phones. How are they recycled? Who gets them? If it's for charity, schools, senior centers, etc... fine. But if they're going to resell them to the general public, no. Does anyone know how this place works?

Joan from Chesapeake, VA

I pick up the postage paid mailers at my post office. One of the postal employees told me that every time I mail in a cartridge the post office either gets 5 or 10 cents each from the recyling center.

Found a website about the recyling center: http://www.recycle.net/trade/aa959707.html

I live in Greenville TN. I wondered the same thing to about a month ago when I got a prepaid bag type envelope to mail cell phones in which said they were going to the soldiers so they can use them. I just looked up the web site for frankling and it said they use them for making parts and the moneys go to charities and such. here is that link: http://envirosmart.com/whatwedo.php

I got my recycle bags for that company at Walmart, next to the new cartridges for printers. I found the refill kits at Walmart at a fraction of what new ones cost and less to recycle, 7 fills per kit. Good deal if you ask me.

For your ink carts check you schools sometimes they save them and get extra money for them. Yes, companies refill them.

Pet Smart recycles them and gets money back for the adoptees. A couple of our thrift stores have a box for donations, and also schools collect them for money.

Woman Recycling Her Old Cell Phone
Recycling Your Old Cell Phones And Computers
Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherFebruary 25, 2008
Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
Old Cellphones
Uses for Old Cellphones
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather