Craft Project: Heart Button Cover

This easy-to-make accessory will dress up any blouse or cardigan on Valentine's Day.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

• red, pink and white felt
  • pinking shears
  • scissors
  • glue
  • pen or pencil

Instructions:

Draw and cut out 3 felt hearts in graduating sizes from each color of felt. Cut the largest one using regular scissors and the other two using pinking shears for a decorative edge. The largest heart should be about 3 inches. Cut a vertical slit in the middle of the smallest heart, then lay it on top of the middle heart as a guide and mark and cut matching slits. Repeat with the middle heart to make a slit in the largest heart. Glue the three hearts together, stacked on top of each other, as shown. Slide the heart over the top button of a cardigan or blouse.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

I remember seeing a version of this craft in a magazine when I was about 10 years old, over 50 years ago! I made felt hearts and put them over the buttons on my cardigan sweater for Valentine's Day. They were very simple, nowhere as lovely as these, but I still had a great time making them and felt very proud when I wore them.

Folded red paper hearts
Valentine's Day Heart Crafts
Photos Holiday Valentine's DayFebruary 14, 2010
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
plate of cherry topped cookies
Bachelor Button Cookie Recipes
Gluing into heart.
Making a Heart Shaped Wall Hanging
hearts in container 2
Making a Bucket of Hearts
🎉
🎄