Valentine's Day Heart Crafts

The heart is the symbol of Valentine's Day and the focus of many crafts created to commemorate the day. This is a guide about Valentine's Day heart crafts.

Three Surprise Hearts

Three Surprise Hearts

My husband purchased 3 hearts (4x3 inches) at a craft shop. He knotted them all together with a fancy knot (Sapajou). He put our names on them and surprised me by hanging them on our kitchen door!

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

Drill holes 1/2 from the middle of the hearts (below the top center point) and paint them red. Knot one end of the rope. String rope through each heart. Bring the knotted end of the rope up to the other end of the rope. Space each heart approximately 22 inches apart.

Between each heart, pull the center of the rope so that you have a loop. The unknotted end of the rope should be looped as well to match the two loops.

Take the knotted end and wrap around the loops about 6 to 7 times from top to bottom, leaving the wraps slightly loose because the knotted end needs to be slid in between the wraps so the knot comes out the top of the wrap.

Pull the knotted end while holding the bottom of the wrap so that the wrap tightens around the loops. Adjust loops and hearts as needed to align hearts in top to bottom order.

Click Here for the Three Surprise Hearts diagram and instructions.

By Sally from Buffalo, NY

Approximate Time: 1 hour

• plastic canvas
  • pastel yarns
  • red thread
  • scissors
  • large needle
  • needle
  • magnets
  • hot glue gun

Instructions:

I made these 4 plastic hearts in about an hour. I cut out the hearts from the plastic canvas, the size I wanted. I choose pastel yarn colors. I then finished the hearts and put little sayings I chose. I chose UR CUTE, Sweet, I LOVE YOU, and KISS ME in red thread. I hot glued a small magnet on the back and I hung them on my fridge.

This easy-to-make accessory will dress up any blouse or cardigan on Valentine's Day.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

Instructions:

Draw and cut out 3 felt hearts in graduating sizes from each color of felt. Cut the largest one using regular scissors and the other two using pinking shears for a decorative edge. The largest heart should be about 3 inches. Cut a vertical slit in the middle of the smallest heart, then lay it on top of the middle heart as a guide and mark and cut matching slits. Repeat with the middle heart to make a slit in the largest heart. Glue the three hearts together, stacked on top of each other, as shown. Slide the heart over the top button of a cardigan or blouse.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

This cotton stuffed brown paper heart decoration is inexpensive and easy to make. This is a guide about brown paper hanging heart decoration.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

This item is a quilted wall hanging. Hearts are attached with a blanket stitch and have ribbon strings attached to each heart. There are loops at the top for hanging on a rod.

Cut lace about 14 inches, then fold over and sew a seam to slip a piece of 4 inch pipe cleaner in it. Make sure the lace is gathered. Then glue 2 red hearts in the center. I bought mine at a Dollar store.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A simple blanket made from felt squares.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This can be made for any holiday just by changing fabric, so it's really universal. It's great for using up scraps, too.

It's basically strips of fabric that is braided and shaped into a heart.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

These darling little baskets are so quick and inexpensive to make that you'll want to make several for family and friends.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Cut a heart from your desired color of craft foam large enough to frame your photo. You may use decorative edge scissors, if desired. Cut smaller hearts of various colors from craft foam.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a heart shaped wall hanging. A heart shaped wall hanging will make a nice addition to your holiday or everyday decor.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about making hand warmers. A simple gift to make can be hand warmers. They can help hands stay cozy in your pockets when it's cold outside.

This is a quick and easy Valentine gift. I took a sponge and cut it into a heart shape (you can do any shape you like). Then I took different color acrylic paints and put them on to one side of the sponge.

Add a touch of Valentine's Day sentiment to your kitchen or office with this attractive magnetic frames. This is a guide about pure love Valentine's Day magnetic frame.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Hearts say Valentine's Day, but you can make these pretty earrings to wear all year long. This is a guide about Valentine heart earrings.

A heart shaped candy box, some knit scarf and fleece remnants, and a variety of buttons are all it takes to make this lovely wall hanging. This is a guide about making a Recycled Candy Box Heart Shaped Wall Hanging.

This is a guide about making a bucket of hearts. These scrap fabric hearts make great gifts or can be used to decorate your home.

This is cute to hang in your kitchen. Kids can do this too, with help of course.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This friendly heart pin will put a smile on everyone's face.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A super easy craft using only 2 feathers.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Here is a simple and inexpensive craft for all your favorite Valentines. Paint one side of each heart and let dry. I left them overnight.

Hot glue the right side of lace onto back side of each heart along the edge, following the contour of the hearts.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a craft project I used at a "nursing home" for residents with limited ability. Prepare the individual packet before hand.

This heart shaped bit of home decor begins with a typical heart shaped piece of cardboard. The folding of your paper covering gives it a finished geometric look. This is a guide about how to make a geometric paper heart.

This is a guide about making thumbprint heart bookmarks. Here is a cute Valentine's Day craft to do with children.

Cardboard, fabric scraps, and colored inks get you started on this rustic heart Valentine's Day decoration. This is a guide about rustic style heart.

Load More