Pure Love Valentine's Day Magnetic Frame
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
January 25, 2017
Here is a cute frame that will be a good match with the Pure Love Valentine's Day Card. This darling little frame is made from simple craft materials, and again, it is a craft that older kids will be able to make ~ depending on their age, they might need some assistance. Add a photo to the middle ~ a photo of your loved one, a photo of yourself to remind him how much you love him, or a photo of your loved one's favorite pet.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one magnetic frame
- 4.3 x 4.3 inch, thick natural cardstock
- A5 sized white textured paper
- 4.3 x 0.6 inch foam sticks ~ 5 red and 3 pink
- 5mm multifaceted pure white rhinestones
- two 0.6" wide white wooden doves
- 10 clear flower rhinestones, each 12mm wide
- two self-adhesive magnetic strips
- suitable photo
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- 2.1 inch high heart-shaped cookie cutter
- standard scissors
- Glue the natural cardstock onto the white textured paper and cut off any protruding edges.
- Use the cookie cutter and pencil to trace a heart in the middle of the paper-and-cardstock combo.
- Glue six of the foam sticks onto the paper-and-cardstock combo, alternating between the pink and red foam sticks. Cut away parts of the foam sticks, so that the traced heart will remain uncovered.
- Glue rhinestones one by one all around the traced heart.
- Glue red foam sticks to the top and bottom of the stick-covered paper-and-cardstock combo.
- Glue five rhinestone flowers to the top foam stick, and five to the bottom foam stick.
- Glue the two turtle doves on the side of the traced heart. Cut the corners neatly, so that no white paper will protrude from the edges of the sticks.
- Add the magnetic strips to the back of the frame. Then, cut the photo to size and glue it in place.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.