Making a Heart Sticks Valentine's Day Arrangement

Category Decorations
Make this decorated jar filled with twigs from your garden, adorned with foam hearts in various sizes and colors. It is a great project to work on with your kids.

While pruning our apple tree, I decided to keep some of the sticks for this Valentine's themed arrangement. This is a great and thrifty craft project that will look nice as home decor while also not costing you money as you can come up with the supplies at home. Plus, the kids had fun helping (by sticking the stickers on the sticks).

As reference:

Your arrangement size will depend on your choice of jar or vase and the sticks you have. If you do not have any sticks, you can take a nature walk around your neighborhood and you may find some sticks to collect.

Total Time: 20 minutes

• sticks
  • heart foam stickers
  • sticker ribbon
  • scissors
  • jar

1. My jar/vase that I am using is an empty spice jar. I removed the sticker. I decorated the jar with this red glittery sticker ribbon.
  2. Advertisement

3. Then, I used another sticker ribbon for the top and to make a bow. I topped the bow off with a glittery heart foam sticker.
  4. Place your sticks in the jar.
  5. The fun part is sticking on the foam heart stickers (well it was for my kids). If you don't have foam heart stickers you can cut hearts from construction paper and hot glue them on, or glue on buttons, beads, gems, etc.

Crafts Valentine's Day DecorationsMarch 25, 2020
🐛
🐰
👒
😷
🌻