Getting Rid of Snakes Inside the Walls of a House

I bought a house made of cinder blocks, that had been taken over by the jungle for 7 years. The fascia boards had rotted so the snakes were able to get down into the walls. How can I get rid of them?

By kassandrasas from Central America

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Even though the fascia boards are gone there should be a board running along the top of the cement blocks for nailing the rafters to. The blocks are staggered so I'm thinking it would be difficult for the snakes to go down very far. I'm inclined to think they'd be in the ceiling if anywhere as it gets quite warm up there which snakes love.

I would call around to a few pest control companies and ask them what the best safe ways there are to remove them. I also just Googled "how to remove snakes from house" there are oodles of links with instructions there.

Snakes visit me every spring. I use moth balls in my yard and under my front porch. Has always been effective. Be careful with them if you have pets.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesMarch 18, 2011
Cricket on white
Getting Rid of Crickets in the House
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
Snake coiled in an evergreen tree.
Getting Rid of Snakes
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 11:04:58 PM on 10.0.2.187 in 862 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.