Create pig, mouse, cat, dog, or other animal from those inexpensive plastic Easter eggs. Great for children's Easter baskets.
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- plastic Easter eggs
- small pom-poms
- craft foam colors of your choice
- chenille stem (for pig)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- black permanent marker
- To make the features for your animals, draw and cut out ears, nose, tail, etc. for each animal from craft foam.
- For pig, curl a 4-inch piece of chenille stem around a pencil to make the tail, then glue it in place.
- For the feet, glue on 4 small coordinating pom-poms to bottom of egg.
- Tiny pom-poms work well for noses.
- Glue the foam pieces to the eggs and use a black permanent marker to draw the face details.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC