Dark Spots On Maroon Shirt

Recently I washed a marooned colored t-shirt with some other dark colored shirts, all the laundry had already been previously washed. Nothing but the maroon t-shirt had large spots of dark colored marks on it. Help, the shirt had only been washed a couple of times. Thanks.

Barb from Utah

Did you happen to use liquid fabric softener during the rinse cycle? I use the ultra-concentrated type in my front-loader and used to find dark spots on clothes. Now I dilute the fabric softener 50/50 before putting in the washer and I rarely get the spots anymore.

I find that dark teeshirts tend to get grease spots on them that show. Treat the spots with Shout or something like that. I seldom notice these spots when I toss the shirt in the laundry, but I know they are from drips from salad dressing or soup or something else like that. Since they are always on the front, I know it is not the fabric softener. Sometimes I have to treat the spots several times.

Me again. Sometimes the dark dye from t-shirts leaches out onto other garments if they are left lying in the washer for some time before you put them in the dryer. If these are dye stains, as opposed to "spots", you have a bigger problem, and I can only suggest further washing to take the dye out.

There is nothing you can do! They dye from the other clothes probably leaked a little. This happened to me with my brights. i had a yellow sundress that i washed with other pastels. well, the dye was so saturated that it tinted everything else yellow. so every thing blue turned green. cheap clothes with cheap dye always come back to bite ya.

Try using Clorox Bleach for Colors. It's in a blue bottle with a red top. When I see those kind of stains I pour some of this on the spots and brush a little bit with a toothbrush or something similar. Not a major brushing but just a few strokes and throw it in the next load. They seem to have come out every time!

I had this happen, as well with red shirts. ONLY the red clothing in load had spots. Everything else was spot free. One red shirt had white sleeves and the white sleeves are spot free. Did you find something that worked?

I have had the same problem dark shirts for years. I have tried to chang detergent brands, with/without softener, extra rinses and nothing works. It happens on both work and csual shirts and only noticealbe on the dark ones. We got a HE front loading washer and same problem. I recently heard that powder detergent works batter but can't use it in the front loading unit.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 9, 2008
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
woman looking at her skin
Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎄
🍂