Doggie Ice Cream

This is a much cheaper alternative to Frosty Paws for dogs!

• 32 oz. vanilla or plain yogurt
  • 1 large banana, mashed
  • Ad
  • 2 Tbsp. peanut butter

Blend well and freeze in small Dixie cups. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving to your dog.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

I know you posted this a long time ago, but I was printing off the recipe for a friend and thought I'd let you know how much my dog and my sister's dogs love this stuff!

July 29, 2010 Flag

Any recipes for doggie ice cream? My bloodhound loves Frosty paws but the stores have stopped carrying it and I am looking for a healthy alternative.

Susan from FL

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

I did a search on copy cat recipes, frosty paws. Here's the link to one I found. I plan to try it myself. (04/17/2007)

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

This makes about 7 1/2 ice cube trays of treats. I have 3 dogs though so you could half it. I've been making them for years and give them 1 each every night.

Frosty Paws

• 3 large containers of Dannon plain yogurt
  • 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
  • 2-3 large bananas
Blend the bananas and peanut butter together in a lg. bowl. I use a submersion blender because it's the easiest and fastest. Then add 1 yogurt container at a time and blend well each time. Use a ladle and pour into ice cube trays.
It's easy and fast once you get the routine going. You can vary the ingredient amounts. They won't care. I put in more peanut butter. (04/17/2007)

By Me

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

Go to, they have a whole section for animals and I know I saw a recipe for doggie icecream there. Hope that helps. (04/17/2007)

By bambi2003

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

Thank you to for the info. Much appreciated!! (04/17/2007)

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

I used to make a concoction for our dog that was similar to Frosty Paws (I think they were similar, I never tasted it, lol), and found the recipe online, maybe on -they have a lot of pet treat/food recipes. It used plain yogurt, peanut butter, baby food bananas and honey, then you put it in the freezer in individual size portions. Our dogs have loved it (one had pancreatitis, and did fine with the stuff I made.) I don't fuss with all of that anymore. I just buy lowfat vanilla or plain yogurt and keep it on hand our dog. She doesn't care if it is frozen or just out to the fridge, and it is a lot less hassle. I have even been known to buy frozen vanilla yogurt for her for something different.

Hope this helps! (04/17/2007)

By Shirley

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

I mix organic yogurt and peanut butter or some kind of organic juice in small single serving containers and freeze them. Our dog just loves all the variety! (04/29/2007)

By Claudia

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

Shaw's Supermarket carries Frosty Paws. (05/29/2007)

By deecee

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

My dogs love Frosty Paws too. Here is a reciepe for Frosty Paws. I hope you like it.

Frosty Paws Dog Food Recipe Ingredients:

• 32 oz. vanilla yogurt
  • 1 mashed banana or one large jar of baby fruit
  • 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp. honey

Frosty Paws Dog Food Recipe Directions:

Blend all together and freeze in either 3 ounce paper cups or ice cube trays. Microwave just a few seconds before serving.

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

I have enjoyed this information. We have giving our dogs frozen yogurt and they love it. The recipe on ice cream sound very easy. (09/22/2007)

By Veronica Callaghan

Doggie Ice Cream Recipes

I have a great doggy icecream recipe:

• 32oz non-fat plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Mix and put into small glad containers and freeze. You can run some water over the containers when they are frozen and they pop right out.

My two Siberian huskies and malamute love them.

I sometimes add a can of plain pumpkin and/or shredded carrots. This helps if the dog has loose stools, it will help harden them up. It is very nutritious for them too. It is also a good but sneaky way of adding vegetables into their diet. (07/20/2008)

By Jbass124

Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesJuly 29, 2010
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield