Unusual Food Ideas for a Benefit

We are having a benefit for my father at the end of June and serving turkey and ham sandwiches, potato salad, pasta salad, mac salad, and baked beans. One restaurant owner that is close to my dad wants to make something that is typically not made for benefits to serve with this. If anyone has any suggestions I could give him, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your help.

jmz2005 from Illinois

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

7 Layer Salad or Waldorf Salad for a cool salad. Yummm.

This sounds good, but I am leaning towards something rather inexpensive as he is already putting out over $150 for food. I dont feel he should do this much, but he wants to do more for my father as they are very close, like brothers.

It appears that something that doesn't need to be kept warm would be in order, and since you don't yet have a dessert item, maybe something like Blondies, Turtle brownies, banana bread or a Jello poke cake would work.

I hope the benefit is a total success!

hi he could make a thin layer cake and make it into small bite size pieces using different toppings! cheap cheap looks great and tastes good

Pasta salad is always a hit.........you can put in whatever kind of veggies, and even pepperoni, or salami if you want to add the meat.

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceMay 4, 2007
Wedding Fruit Platter
Casual Wedding Food Ideas
Fresh Fruit Cakes Being PRepared
Party Food Ideas
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:29:57 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.