Can a Crock Pot Liner Be Used in the Oven?

Can I use the ceramic liner from a slow cooker in the oven?

By Adrienne from Toronto

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

If you limit your heat to 350 degrees F., there whould be no problem. Also, considering it is ceramic, better to place the crock in a cold oven so that it warms gently, rather than putting it into a blazing hot oven (just to be safe). I researched this same query on the internet and have been successfully using it in the oven while maintaining these restrictions.

Great point on putting the ceramic liner in a cold oven than a hot one. It makes sense because the hot oven could damage the ceramic material of the crock pot. I would add to cool it off before washing it in cold water.

Adrienne, I have an oval crockpot liner from a crockpot that went bad and I kept it because underneath it is stamped-oven safe. joanie

I have used mine in the oven.. you just cant put the lid in the oven if it has plastic or rubber around it.

I didn't realize this could be done until one of my friends suggested it. Now, I use it to bake things like ziti or mac and cheese, in the oven, then, take the crockpot to work to keep the food warm.

I used my .99 crockpot insert at 350 degrees , kkno problem. :0)

Consumer Advice General AdviceJanuary 26, 2010
Panty Liners
Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing
simmering crock pot
Cleaning a Crock Pot
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 31, 2017 at 3:34:22 PM on 10.0.0.185 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.