Can a Crock Pot Liner Be Used in the Oven?

Can I use the ceramic liner from a slow cooker in the oven?

By Adrienne from Toronto

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Adrienne, I have an oval crockpot liner from a crockpot that went bad and I kept it because underneath it is stamped-oven safe. joanie

I have used mine in the oven.. you just cant put the lid in the oven if it has plastic or rubber around it.

I didn't realize this could be done until one of my friends suggested it. Now, I use it to bake things like ziti or mac and cheese, in the oven, then, take the crockpot to work to keep the food warm.

If you limit your heat to 350 degrees F., there whould be no problem. Also, considering it is ceramic, better to place the crock in a cold oven so that it warms gently, rather than putting it into a blazing hot oven (just to be safe). I researched this same query on the internet and have been successfully using it in the oven while maintaining these restrictions.

I used my .99 crockpot insert at 350 degrees , kkno problem. :0)

Answer

Can I use a crockpot liner in a regular oven? My heating element has failed and I would love to use the liner pot in a regular oven because it is a big casserole size and I hate to throw it out.

By Jeanne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here's the answer I just received back from Cucina:

Hi Deliliah,

I wouldn't. The heat can crack the pot. The slow cooker starts slow and builds up the temperature with the pot retaining the heat. Average slow cookers are designed to heat from only 170 to 280 degrees.

Thanks

CucinaPro Customer Service

CucinaPro

5180 Richmond Rd

Cleveland, OH 44146

Phone - 216-342-1415

Fax - 216-342-4664

Read More Answers...

Can a crock pot (slow cooker) ceramic liner be used in a regular oven?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

I would read the fine print on the directions. They may not be suitable for the higher temperatures in the oven. You could use oven bags, the larger ones would probably fit in the crock-pot.

Do you really need the liner? I have never had anything stick to my crock-pot that a bit of a soak wouldn't get off. (02/26/2008)

By Jilson

I assume that what you are referring to as a liner is the ceramic pot and lid from the crock pot. I often use the ceramic pot and lid from my slow cookers directly in the oven, just like a large casserole dish. I've never tried them on really high temperatures, but I often use them at 350 or 375 degrees, and I've never had a problem. (02/26/2008)

By tsiegl

Be careful about using the clear top of the crock-pot liner in your oven. The ceramic pot part should be fine. Use uncovered, or cover with foil. I used mine in the oven at 350 degrees, and the handle on top softened and came off. My husband was able to add a replacement handle, saving the crock-pot. (02/27/2008)

By jean

Yes they can, in fact they are great in the oven, because of the construction (clay) the heat is equally spread out. If the lid has a metal handle with NO rubber washers in between the handle and the glass, it too can be used otherwise. Just use tin foil that's wrapped around the top edge to form a tight seal. (02/27/2008)

By Ted Norris

Holly, are you referring to the actual ceramic pot from the Crock Pot, OR the highly heat-resistant plastic baggie liners that they sell to go inside the Crock Pot's ceramic pot? Just wondering. (02/27/2008)

By Karen

I am referring to the actual ceramic insert for the crock-pot. (02/27/2008)

By cookwie

I put mine in the oven and used low heat. Worked ok, but, it's such a heavy ceramic that it seemed to bend the oven rack a little. (11/27/2008)

By cookwie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice General AdviceJanuary 26, 2010
Panty Liners
Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing
simmering crock pot
Cleaning a Crock Pot
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 17, 2016 at 12:32:30 PM on 10.0.0.171 in 536 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.