Shelf Liner for Securing Throw Rugs

Category Helpful Hints
Foam shelf liner can be used to keep rugs from slipping on hard floors. This is a guide about using shelf liner for securing throw rugs.

My husband scored several new oriental style rugs. The problem is that the smaller area rugs slipped on our linoleum flooring. I solved that problem by buying an inexpensive roll of brown foam shelving liner and cutting it up into rectangles to put two under each rug at each end to anchor them. One cheap roll ($1.50) was enough for four area rugs.

Pamela M. from Hollywood, CA

Excellent idea! Timely, too, with today's aging population. I'm going to mention this to hubby, although we don't use a lot of area rugs.
Come to think of it, that shelf liner would work as a non-slip surface for mixing bowls and such, as well. You could cut a circle to match the bottom of your mixing bowl and Super Glue it on. I've priced those non-slip mixing bowls - they're outrageously expensive!

I use it to keep my placemats from slipping around on the table. Works great.

You wouldn't even have to glue it to the bottom of your bowls. Just lay it on the counter and set your bowl on it. That might work too.

Just place a circle of the liner on the counter and set your bowl on it. It would save gluing it to the bottom of your bowls.