Use Drawer and Shelf Liner to Open Jars

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 190 Posts

Shelf liner behind bottle.I was trying to open a bottle of Naked Mighty Mango smoothie the other day and could not get a decent grip on the lid to twist it off. I tried a dish towel with no success. Then I had my minor epiphany and thought of the piece of "rubber" shelf liner that I use under the cats' bed to keep it from slipping when they jump up.

I tried it and it worked really well. So if you have a bit of this material lying about, it can fill in for your jar lid opener when you can't find it or substitute for buying a special tool for the job. Silicone hot pads also work.

Shelf Liner Doubles as Jar Opener

More Solutions

I found another use for my roll of no-skid drawer liners. I cut them into various shapes and they are great for opening lids that won't budge!

I can always use help opening lids, since the factories often put them on way too tight.

Non-Slip Drawer Liners for Opening Stuck Jar Lids - large rectangle of liner

Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 5, 2019
👔
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-Drawer-and-Shelf-Liner-to-Open-Jars.html