Caring for Rubber Backed Throw Rugs

0
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

The way in which you dry throw rugs after laundering is vital to its longevity and usefulness. If you throw a rubber non-skid backed rug into the dryer, you will shorten its lifespan. Instead, plan on washing and air drying.

If the weather outside won't cooperate for line drying or "back deck bannister" drying, then shake the rug once or twice, turn the rubberized backing side up and place on the top of your dryer or washer to dry. The fabric portion of the rug will dry much faster than the rubberized portion, but if the rubberized side is down, it's not going to dry until air can get to it.

Do NOT place a rug on top of your dryer when in operation. I now have two matching rugs that are rubber backed and in excess of 10 years old, and there is no sign of deterioration yet because of the way I dry them.

By Ronsan

2 More Solutions

I had an old off white throw rug size 5x10 feet. I took 3 spray bottles. I filled one spray bottle with green RIT dye and a tablespoon of salt, and a tablespoon of laundry detergent.

The backing on throw rugs can deteriorate over time. Proper storage can help slow this process down. This is a page about storing rubber backed rugs.

Purple rubber backed rugs.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 1, 2017
😎
🎆
🌻
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf996689.tip.html