Create an Inventory List for Household Products

contest winner icon

To cut down on buying items you already have, create an inventory list for the bathroom, kitchen and pantry. Create two columns. Column 1 is to list the items you like to have on hand and column 2 is to check off when you run out of an item. Laminate the sheet of paper and use a dry erase marker to mark the appropriate column. Hang the papers in easily accessible locations that you can remember, like the inside of the medicine cabinet or on the fridge.

By Lynn from Oregon

Great idea! You can print grocery lists off the computer as a guideline to help you get started on your own personalized lists!

I went natural with cleaning products. It saves tons of money, time and stops loads of packing from filling up landfills.

You can make every cleaner imaginable from baking soda, lemon juice, salt, vinegar, dish soap and lemon oil in various combinations. It's all environmentally friendly, highly effective and child/pet safe. Smells great too! You can substitute a number of oils or juices if you're allergic to lemon.

I never realized how much time it also saves me in planning, making lists and taking them all to the store.

I have noticed how much space it saves me in my cabinets! It's as if they doubled in size since I went safe, natural and smart. It's great to recycle some of those spray bottles instead of filling up landfills.

Better idea. Write up a list of exact items you like to shop, and organize on a paper according to grocery areas. Dairy, meat, being specific, and a section for tasks below, perhaps for the week, Make copies and just grab the next one to use. One can even import a weekly calender of activities for the week as well.

I think this is a good idea too, if I could just remember to mark what I use up! I know I have bought things I thought I was out of and lo and behold, find an identical item in the back of the cabinet!

Mother and Daughter Shopping at Supermarket
Shopping Tips and Tricks
Organizing ShoppingMay 12, 2008
Baby Store
Name Ideas for a Baby Store
Pet Ferret
Household Products for Removing Pet Odors
A woman typing in a credit card number for an online shopping purchase.
Online Shopping Tips
Shirts on Sale
Tips for Price Matching
🎉
🎄